Happy Business Starts Here

Support SME
Support SME

Zuora Salesforce integration switching, moving or sandbox refresh

Question or Problem Statement:
We currently have an integrated API Sandbox instance of Zuora related to our Salesforce SBX instance. If we were to move to a different SF SBX instance, it is possible to re associate our Zuora instance to a different SF one?

Or,

I've connected our zuora sandbox to a salesforce sandbox. This Zuora Sandbox has been connected to other Salesforce sandboxes in the past. We are redirecting the connection to another salesforce sandbox instance.

I've synced the product catalog without error, but i'm having issues syncing the Accounts and contact information.

there's an error on 917 Accounts that did not sync to Salesforce because of this error

"INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_ON_CROSS_REFERENCE_ENTITY:insufficient access rights on cross-reference id: a1AR0000001YR54:--"

on the accounts that did sync over to salesforce, the subscription information did not sync. i don't know why.

When i Click the "Sync Data from ZBilling" button on this account, I get this error message. An unexpected error occurred while sending on-demand sync to Zuora. The error details are: Entity not exist: 11e643f4a3db6594b061002590xxxxxx
There are no Zuora customer accounts currently associated with this account.

Or,

Why sync/quote stopped working after my SFDC sandbox refresh?

My sandbox used to work fine, why it is not working now?!

Why my quotes cannot be sent to Zuora?

Why subscriptions cannot be synced?

What does this error mean?

The below are the error samples:

1.png

2.png

3.png

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

5 REPLIES 5
Support SME
Support SME

Re: Zuora Salesforce integration switching, moving or sandbox refresh

Actually, to move the SFDC integration is not recommended. If you would like to do this, please try to follow the steps below:
1).In the current SFDC integration, do a Customer Account cleanup and Product Catalog cleanup from your Zuora tenant. This will remove all the Zuora data from our current connected SFDC org.

2).To follow the docs below to create the new integration to your new SFDC sandbox org.
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/E_Zuora_360

Let' s give it a sample. We have SFDC sandbox org A, which is connected to Zuora tenant A. And the current integration is working fine. With Z360 sync, I can sync all the Zuora data back to SFDC sandbox org A no problem. With ZQuote, I can send a quote to Zuora tenant A no problem.

By the way. Z360 is used for syncing data from Zuora tenant to SFDC, the direction is Zuora tenant to SFDC. ZQuote is used for sending/pushing a quote to a Zuora tenant, the direction is from SFDC to a Zuora tenant.

Now, for whatever reason, I have another SFDC sandbox org B. I no longer need SFDC sandbox org A to work with Zuora tenant A. I want SFDC sandbox org B to work with Zuora tenant A. If SFDC sandbox org B does not have ZQuote or Z360 app installed, then the new integration should not be problem. This is because of it is a blank/fresh org. We can just follow the KC installation/configuration docs to install and config the apps. And, we can just leave SFDC sandbox org A alone.

However, what if SFDC sandbox org B already has ZQuote or Z360 app installed, and there are Zuora records, e.g. billing records, subscriptions, invoice, etc. Now, connecting SFDC sandbox org B to Zuora tenant A, then trigger the sync, I do not believe that the integration would work. Since the map relationship is broken.

Going back to SFDC sandbox org A, we just leave it alone, we have not done a cleanup on it to delete all the Zuora records. On someday, we switch the connection back from SFDC sandbox org B to SFDC sandbox org A. Then let the integration resume to work from where it paused? No, I do not believe that it would work. Again, the map relationship is broken.

So, if there is already Zuora data, and you do not prefer to delete all the Zuora data from the new SFDC org, then probably the apps would give us error after the switching. Eg, invalid Id, Null Pointer Exception or whatever unknown error. I do not believe that Zuora has a tool which can help integration switching. If we had, then in KC, there should be a doc to introduce it. If there is an error, you could try to fix it or contact support team.

Regarding Why sync/quote stopped working after my SFDC sandbox refresh?

SFDC sandbox refresh means that when you create a sandbox, Salesforce copies the metadata from your production org to a sandbox org. Note: All the SFDC production org's configuration, customization, records, IDs, etc would be copied to your SFDC sandbox org. After the refresh, you probably would encounter the above listed issues. The root cause is that the map relationship is broken.

Actually, a refresh could lead various errors.

To do a cleanup(delete all the records copied from your production org) on your new refreshed sandbox is highly recommended. Also, please note that a Zuora sandbox tenant should connect to a SFDC sandbox org, a Zuora production tenant should connect to a SFDC production org. After a refresh, your SFDC sandbox org probably would be connected to your Zuora production tenant(the connection configuration was copied to SFDC sandbox org). You can refer to the docs below to verify the connection before the refresh and after the refresh. Once you confirmed the sandbox org and sandbox tenant connection is correct, you can do a cleanup from your Zuora sandbox tenant. After the cleanup, you can try to do a manual sync from your sandbox tenant.

Configure Zuora 360 Connection Settings

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/E_Zuora_360/P_Configuring_Z-Force_360/D_Z360_Connectio...

Zuora Quotes Connection Settings

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/G_Zuora_Quotes_Configuration_Settings/A...

Also, please note that Zuora Sandbox tenant does not support refresh(copy data, config, customization from a Production to a Sandbox). However, A SevicesX tenant supports refresh(copy data, config, customization from a Production to a SevicesX). The suggestion is to connect a Zuora SevicesX tenant to a SFDC sandbox org.

More details:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BB_Introducing_Z_Business/D_Zuora_Environments

Actually, I am thinking about the point of a SFDC sandbox refresh. The refresh would copy all the data and config from a SFDC Production org to a SFDC sandbox org. However, those data and config are not existing in a Zuora sandbox tenant, we do not support Zuora tenant sandbox refresh(copy data and config from a Zuora production tenant), that's why we could see a lot of unknown errors. This is because of the original worked data map/connection is broken, how come we expect Z360 sync or ZQuote still work?

The "Best Practices" is:

A).Work with a Zuora Production Copy Environment(ServicesX) tenant.

Contact the local Zuora Account Manger to purchase a Zuora Production Copy Environment(ServicesX) tenant, then connect your SFDC sandbox to this PCE tenant. PCE supports refresh(copy data, config, customization from a Production to a SevicesX), so that you should not experience the error after a refresh.

Or B).Still work with a Zuora sandbox tenant. However, we need follow the steps below:
1).In Zuora tenant, check the Z360 connection, please ensure that the Zuora sandbox tenant is being connected to the SFDC sandbox.

2).In the SFDC sandbox, review Z360 and ZQuote connection, please ensure that this SFDC sandbox is being connected to the Zuora PCE(ServicesX).
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/E_Zuora_360/P_Configuring_Z-Force_360/D_Z360_Connectio...
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/CB_Zuora_Quotes_Configuration_Settings/...

3).Do a clean up on the SFDC sandbox(the original Zuora tenant), so that we can have a clean SFDC sandbox org.
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/E_Zuora_360/S_Synchronize_Data_from_Z-Billing/W_Sync_C...

4).In Zuora tenant, check if the Customer Accounts' CRM Id is correct.
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/E_Zuora_360/P_Configuring_Z-Force_360/Edit_a_CRM_Accou...

5).If the above is all fine, try to do a Product Catalog sync, Accounts and related objects sync and create a quote in SFDC then send it to Zuora tenant.

SigNowBlue.png

Valued Scholar

Hey, we are regulary having problems with SFCD-Sandbox PartialCopy refreshes, since those also copy over internal, BillingEntity-related zuora-stuff.

Regarding your statement "Once you confirmed the sandbox org and sandbox tenant connection is correct, you can do a cleanup from your Zuora sandbox tenant. After the cleanup, you can try to do a manual sync from your sandbox tenant."

We had luck with doing:

- Zuora Cleanup Accounts

- Zuora Cleanup Products

- SFCD Products - delete every remnant

- Zuora Full-Sync Products

- Zuora Full-Sync Accounts

Good luck.

Tags (2)
Support SME
Support SME

Hi, if there is an issue please post it here, let's work on it. Thanks.

SigNowBlue.png

Highlighted

Hi, we are having this issue repeatedly Smiley Sad

Just did a sandbox refresh, reconnected Zuora, did the above steps (cleanups and syncs) but to no avail.

Update,INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: XXXXX not found for field zqu__ZuoraId__c in entity zqu__BillingEntity__c,2c92c0f956bc8faa0156bd3005fd23e7,,,,,,,,,,,

Valued Scholar

did you "SFCD Products - delete every remnant"