Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

With Orders enabled, products Charge Trigger Day set to Upon Service Activation not working.

In a specific scenario, products charge trigger day is set to Upon Service Activation, but when orders enable, charges are now triggering based on the Contract Effective Date when sent to Zuora.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

2 REPLIES 2
Zuora Support

Re: With Orders enabled, products Charge Trigger Day set to Upon Service Activation not working.

When Orders is enabled, the Effective Dates for actions are populated on Quote Amendment records, rather than Quote header. The reason is that Orders allows dates to be different for individual changes.

In Quotes 9.6, there was a setting that allows the package to default the Service Activation Date of all changes to match the Contract Effective Date automatically if no SAD is given.

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/AA_Whats_New/BA_Zuora_for_Salesforce_Quotes_Release#Maintenance_Re...

But if you want to set the Service Activation Date on each amendment to something different, you need to either add Service Activation Date to the Quote Amendment Display Fields field set as below, and explicitly set it during product selection, or have some other trigger/workflow/rule to update the Service Activation Date to the desired value.

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 10.37.52 AM.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Valued Scholar

Re: With Orders enabled, products Charge Trigger Day set to Upon Service Activation not working.

Thanks for solving this for me!

Anyone who is upgrading to Orders and relies on the Service Activation Date to calculate Quote Totals properly, please be aware of this issue before you upgrade.

My solution was to build a Process Builder that set the Service Activation Date, Contract Effective Date, and Term Start Date on the Quote Amendment to match that of the Parent Quote. This worked for me because for my use case, I will always have the same dates for each charge. If you want the flexibility of having different dates for each charge, see Jyoti's note above about setting these during the product selection process.