Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Who is sales rep on customer account?

I am wondering where the information for the Sales Rep field on the Customer Account in Zuora comes from? Is it the person that press the Send to Zuora button from the Quote? Or is it the Opportunity Owner and if so, does the Sales Rep field update if Opportunity changes owner?

Thankfull for an answer,

5 REPLIES 5
Support SME

Re: Who is sales rep on customer account?

Hi @Dennis_Nilsson1,

Currently , in OOB, the customer account's Sales Rep field in Zuora is supposed to be filled out in Zuora and then synced to Salesforce.com under billing account's Sales Representative field.
You will need to use custom code to sync an Salesforce.com account field to Zuora customer account's Sales Rep field.

We already have a feature request on this. Please review the following thread in our community and add your comment .
http://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-for-Salesforce-Ideas/Syncing-Sales-Rep-name-with-SFDC-account-ow...

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Valued Scholar

Hi @doyeli

What is OOB?

The Sales Rep field on the Customer Account object in Zuora is filled properly. My question was regarding where Zuora picks the information from, is it the person that press the Send to Zuora button that is listed as Sales Rep on the Customer Account in Zuora?

Support SME

Based on my reviewing this further, I believe the sales rep name gets populated in customer Account on Zuora with the Opportunity Owner name as part of sending a Quote for New Billing Account, New Subscription flow.

• Create an Account on Salesforce End
  • Create Contact for that Account
  • Create an Opportunity for this Account and Make sure to populate the Opportunity Owner name with the Account Ownername
  • Open that Opportunity and click "New Quote" button from there to create a Quote and send it over to ZBilling
  • When the new customer Account is created on Zuora, the Sales Rep name should be the owner name of the Opportunity record.

Please let me know if you are seeing this same behavior

Thank you

Doyeli

Valued Scholar

@doyeli great, that was what I expected. I will give this a proper test in a sandbox tomorrow, but I am happy with the answer.

Thanks!

Support SME

Thanks @Dennis_Nilsson1 Smiley Happy