Happy Business Starts Here

The absolute value of discount percentage should be a numeric value greater than 0 and not over 100

Highlighted
Zuora Support

The absolute value of discount percentage should be a numeric value greater than 0 and not over 100

Problem:

I created a rule to set the effective price of a support product to 7% of software product on the quote. I followed the example in this article, https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CPQ/C_Zuora_Quotes/E_Zuora_Rules_Engine/Use_Case%3A_A_Rule_to_Set_....

After the rule runs I receive the following validation error message,

Error while running Rule [Product's Price Set to 7% of Recurring Charges]: Action failed: Error on zCharge: Product Charge, Details:

The absolute value of discount percentage should be a numeric value greater than 0 and not over 100. Negative percentage value indicates surcharge instead of discount.

The discount percentages for that specific rate plan are greater than 0 and not over 100. I am unclear on what the issue is. Perhaps I've set up the rule incorrectly. May I request assistance with this issue?

Root Cause:

- Customer's Rule Engine is setup to update the Effective Price and it doesn't have any filters to segregate the type of Products

- Discount charge is added as a seperate charge in the Quote

In this, since Rule Engine doesn't have any filters, Effective Price of the Discount charges is also getting updated. Generally, discounts cannot be more than 100 % right and your calculation was way more than 100%, so it has thrown the error.

Solution:

We need to have a filter in the Rule Engine not to update the "Discount Charge Model" products which includes both "Discount-Percentage" & "Discount-Fixed Amount" charges.

Once this is updated, Rule Engine will not update the Effective price of the Discount charges.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √