Happy Business Starts Here

Tax amount on amend quote to cancel Subscription is positive, should be negative – Orders Enabled

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Tax amount on amend quote to cancel Subscription is positive, should be negative – Orders Enabled

Problem – If you have orders enabled environment and you are facing an issue where the tax amount shows positive on an Amendment quote to cancel 'n' months of a subscription, the line items are correctly negative, but the tax is coming out positive (it should be negative to refund the tax amount as well).

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Tax amount on amend quote to cancel Subscription is positive, should be negative – Orders Enable

Solution -

For this specific case, customer had an  Amendment quote to cancel 'n' months of a subscription and the line items were correctly negative, but the tax was coming out to be positive (it should be negative to refund the tax amount as well).

If you are facing this issue, Please refer the section 'Quote and Charge Metrics in Orders' in the article below. 
Quote Metrics

The article shows the below fields and it you add the field 'Delta TCB Tax' on your quote, you can see the right amount of the taxes between the original subscription and the order action which is cancelling the Subscription for n months. 

Delta TCB - The delta of the total TCBs between the original subscription and the order action. 
Delta TCB Tax - Tax on Delta TCB.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √