Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Sync Zuora Product Catalogue to SFDC

Highlighted
Master

Sync Zuora Product Catalogue to SFDC

Hi there!

I believe in recent Zuora for Salesforce packages updates, a link between the ZProduct and the standard Product (Product2) was introduced. I noticed that when we create new products in Zuora and then sync them to Salesforce, it creates a new ZProduct record, but also a new Product (Product2) record.

I want to sync the ZProducts from Zuora to SFDC, but assign the correct Product (Product2) - the one previously created in our Standard Pricebook - and get rid of the ones created by the Zuora Sync.

I've tried to:

1. In Zuora - change the product setting to assign the correct SFDC Product2 ID - but I can't find where to update this:

zprod1.png

2. In Zuora - Sync Product Catalogue but I am getting the following errors in several records:

UpdateFIELD_FILTER_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION:Value does not exist or does not match filter criteria.2c92c0f94ff8c09f014ffa0fe16a4082a1r17000000BowrAAC
CreateREQUIRED_FIELD_MISSING:Required fields are missing: [zqu__ZProduct__c]2c92c0f858aa38af0158aac97cf43ec5

3. In Salesforce - I changed the Product (Product2) lookup in both ZProduct and Product Rate Plan object, in hopes that it would sync back to Zuora, but still no luck.

Questions:

1. Is there a way that I can set the Product2 ID in the Product in Zuora and then do the Sync Product Catalogue to Salesforce?

2. Is there a way I can sync the products from Salesforce itself to Zuora?

3. How can I prevent Zuora from creating new Product2 records in SFDC during the sync? Because it's essencially creating duplicate records of the products that I already have set in our Standard Pricebook.

Thanks in advance!

ECLF

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Hi @eclf,

Prior to Zuora Quotes version 7.0, ZProduct object is used for quotes.  For Zuora Quotes v7+, ZProduct is deprecated, and Product2 object is used for quotes instead.  The reason that Product Catalog Sync is still syncing both ZProduct and Product2 from Zuora to Salesforce is because we need to support backward compatibility in case customers use ZProduct for customizations.  Unfortunately, there is no option to avoid syncing one of the objects nor assign an SFDC ID to a Zuora Product so it is synced to an existing Product2 created directly in Salesforce.  Please note that only Product2 objects synced from Zuora can be used in Zuora quotes.  Product2 created directly in Salesforce will not work with Zuora quotes.

You can set up Product2 records in Salesforce and sync them to Zuora if you use Bundling feature.  Please reach out to Zuora Support if you are interested in it.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Master

Hi @vu_phan,

Thanks a million for your response!

When we started our implrmentation of Zuora, some time ago, this was not available yet, so we went with the use of normal ZProducts. Also we are not actively using Zuora Quotes, so what we just use the ZProduct to map to our actual Product2 from the SFDC Pricebook. I'm not sure we are going to start using Zuora Quotes in the near future, so we most likely going to continue to use the ZProducts.

So to solve my current problem of the Product Catalogue Sync from Zuora to Salesforce, if I revert the change of Product2 ID on the ZProduct and Product Rate Plan, to the one created by Zuora, it should be enough to fix the sync. Is that correct?

Zuora dos not plan on getting rid of the ZProducts completely any time soon, right?

Cheers,
ECLF

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Hi @eclf,

To avoid duplicates in Product2, you can set up the products in Zuora and let the Product Catalog Sync create Product2 for you.  For duplicate records (e.g., manually created Product2 and Product2 synced from Zuora), you can remove the manually created ones if it does not cause any issue to your team.

Highlighted
Master

Hi @vu_phan,

Like I mentioned, we already had a product catalogue in SFDC in place (prior to Zuora) and the products associated to this product catalogue are to ones being used at the moment (all setup, hooked to other integrations, etc.). So we can't really remove them. When we replicate these products in Zuora and Zuora syncs them back creating duplicate products, these are just going to be sitting in the system and not be used.

I've reverted the change on the Product2 ID to the one created by Zuora and the sync seems to be fine now.

Thanks for your help.
ECLF

Highlighted
Master

Hi @vu_phan,

Just one last question - I pulled a report of all products in ZUORA and to match with a report of ZProducts in SFDC to check the sync.

Some of the records in SFDC seem to no longer be in ZUORA - can I delete them from SFDC as well? would that cause problems to the integration?

Thanks

ECLF

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Hi @eclf

Those records were most likely deleted in Zuora (you can check the record's Deleted field in Salesforce and it should be true).  As a Salesforce requirement, Zuora must sync deleted records to Salesforce as they may be used on existing quotes.

I do not recommend you to remove these records.  While removing them should not cause any issue, they would be re-synced in the next Product Catalog Sync, so there is no point to delete them (unless you are willing to delete them after every sync).

Highlighted
Master

Understood @vu_phan!

Can I change the Name, to something like for example: [DEPRECATED] ProductName? Just as an indicator.

ECLF

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Hi @eclf

Unfortunately, the products were deleted from Zuora UI so you will not be able to change their name in Zuora.  You can make the changes in Salesforce but then again the next sync will overwrite your changes.

With that being said, these deleted records would not show up when your team is adding products to quotes so you should not worry about it.  If they are being used with another application (not Zuora related), you can leverage the Deleted field somehow.

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi @eclf,

To answer your specific Question

>>Zuora does not plan on getting rid of the ZProducts completely any time soon, right?

ZProduct is now populated by a trigger on Salesforce Product2 object.
The only reason we are forced to create a ZProduct object is because its master detail with product Rate Plan and we cannot deprecate it, due to salesforce limitation.

Thank you

Doyeli