Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Subscription term start date field on Renewal Quote cannot be updated

Problem - If you are creating a Renewal Quote and see that the Subscription term start date field on this type of Quote cannot be updated. But you need to show the Subscription Term Start Date and End Date on the Quote PDF. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Subscription term start date field on Renewal Quote cannot be updated

Solution - In this specific case customer wanted to show the Subscription Term Start Date and End Date on the Quote PDF and hence was wondering how to achieve this.

By design Subscription Term Start Date and Subscription Term End Date reflects the dates of the existing subscription on which renewal is being made. This explains why the Subscription Term Start Date is not updated to the new renewal date.

However, if you would like to display the new start renewal date and end date in the Quote Pdf please follow the below-

• For the Renewal start date, please use the field start date(zqu__StartDate__c) merge field on the Quote. 

• For the renewal end date, you can create a custom formula field on the Quote object by navigating to Setup -> Build -> Create ->Objects -> Quote.
    • Click new field and choose data type as Formula and the return type as Date.
    • Insert the below formula where the end date is calculated as (start date + number of renewal term months added)

formulafield.png

• You can now use this custom field on the Quote template

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √