Happy Business Starts Here

Salesforce error: "The callout was unsuccessful after 4 attempts: Read timed out"

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Salesforce error: "The callout was unsuccessful after 4 attempts: Read timed out"

Problem- 

If you are getting the error below when sending the Quote to Zuora, please follow the advised solution in the reply.

CallOutErrorSnapshot.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Salesforce error: "The callout was unsuccessful after 4 attempts: Read timed out"

Solution –

Normally this issue can be caused if the password of the user configured in your SFDC org has expired. 
You can access this information by following the KC article below- 
360 Connection Settings

As mentioned in the above article for 360 connection settings- 

The Test Connection button only tests whether the username / password are valid.  It does not check whether the password has expired. Thus it is possible that you may see a success message when testing the connection, but still get an error when actually connecting to Zuora if the user account has expired.

Try resetting the password of the API user added and then update it in your Salesforce org. Please note that we recommend your API user to open the password link in Incognito Window. Otherwise, you may experience cookie issues and may not be able to log-in with another user easily. 

Please find below article for reference.
Create an API User.

If the above solution does not resolve the issue, we have one more solution for this problem. Please see the link below for it -
https://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-CPQ/Salesforce-error-quot-The-callout-was-unsuccessful-after-4/...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Salesforce error: "The callout was unsuccessful after 4 attempts: Read timed out"

Solution –

Normally this issue can be caused if the password of the user configured in your SFDC org has expired. 
You can access this information by following the KC article below- 
360 Connection Settings

As mentioned in the above article for 360 connection settings- 

The Test Connection button only tests whether the username / password are valid.  It does not check whether the password has expired. Thus it is possible that you may see a success message when testing the connection, but still get an error when actually connecting to Zuora if the user account has expired.

Try resetting the password of the API user added and then update it in your Salesforce org. Please note that we recommend your API user to open the password link in Incognito Window. Otherwise, you may experience cookie issues and may not be able to log-in with another user easily. 

Please find below article for reference.
Create an API User.

If the above solution does not resolve the issue, we have one more solution for this problem. Please see the link below for it -
https://community.zuora.com/t5/Zuora-CPQ/Salesforce-error-quot-The-callout-was-unsuccessful-after-4/...

View solution in original post