Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

[Resolved in ZQuote 8.6] Lock Volume price tiers from being edited

Problem:

We are rolling out new volume pricing. When quoting this product, the tiers are editable - in that the user can edit/add/remove volume tiers. Is there a way to make the volume tiers non-editable?

Z-Quotes Enhanced Product Selector does not Respect Field Level Security of Quote rate plan charge Tiers (Quote Charge Tier Object)
Customer is trying to disable a quotes user from being able to edit the list price and ending units field of a quote rate plan charge that uses a volume or tiered charge model. The field level security for these fields have been set as 'Read Only' on the users SFDC Profile. However the user can still make edits and save the record in the enhanced guided product selector.

Steps to Reproduce:

Set the field level security of fields price and ending units to Read Only in Quote Charge Tier Object for a user profile
Using Enhanced select product add a product with charges having volume or tiered charge model
Click view/Edit tier and Notice that the List price and ending Unit fields are still editable
Notice that using old select product, these fields are not editable for this user profile

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: [Resolved in ZQuote 8.6] Lock Volume price tiers from being edited

Solution:

This has been fixed in ZQuote 8.6 release.

With the fix in ZQuote 8.6, this is how the custom permission set can be used to restrict users from being able to create/update Volume price Tier records:

This is how we can set the custom permission for Quote Charge Tiers Object:

screen_shot_2017-04-11_at_6.31.37_pm_720.png

The users should still be able to edit the Quote Rate Plan charge but  they cannot directly edit the Tiers. They cannot also create/remove Tiers. The links are not available

screen_shot_2017-04-11_at_6.35.08_pm.png

But if the users make any change to fields on Quote rate Plan charge, e.g Discount , Total, those changes will be reflected and propagated to all Tiers. As in the screenshot below, discount has been updated to 11 in the QRPC level and this value has been propagated to all tiers.This is working as Designed.

screen_shot_2017-04-11_at_6.28.35_pm.png

NOTE:

1) if we DO NOT restrict any field on Quote Rate Plan Charge Object and just restrict Quote Charge Tiers as in picture 1 , then users should still be able to edit the Quote Rate Plan charge fields but they cannot DIRECTLY edit the Tiers. BUT, field updates they make on QPRC level will still be reflected to all tiers. This is "As Designed"

2) if we DO restrict fields on QRPC then users WILL NOT BE able to edit the Quote Rate Plan charge fields FOR ALL TYPES OF MODEL CHARGES.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √