Happy Business Starts Here

Partner

Renewal Quote Metrics - subtotal not showing expected value.

Hi All,

Looking for some thoughts on the following:

Quote metrics on a Renewal Quote, specifically the "Sub Total" metric. 

Changes vs. Original 
Renewed Subscription A-S00000123 for 24 Months.  (the initial term was 12 months)
Removed ProductA (1 Year billing period) price $1000 effective at the end of the current term
Added ProductB (2 Year  billing period)  price $2000.  effective at the end of the current term
Changed Renewal Term to 24.

The expectation is the Sub Total should be $2000, which is the added product.

However, Sub Total is showing ~$1001.02, which looks like it is prorating the newly added 2 year charge for 1 year. 

Is there any way to get the sub total to show the $2000 for the new renewal term?

The TCV metric is correct at $2000.

The quote metrics are set to display for 1 period (changing to 2 doesn't make a difference). 

Note: an invoice for the current term has been run.

Running ZQuotes version 9.5

Thanks!

Frontera Consulting
Oracle, Salesforce and Zuora Consultants
3 REPLIES 3
Guru

Re: Renewal Quote Metrics - subtotal not showing expected value.

In your product catalog, is the setting Billing Period Alignment = Align to Term Start for ProductB?  To me, I guessing your current setting might be Align to Subscription Start.  if you change it, to Align to Term Start, i believe this will correct the quote metrics.

Partner

Yup, that was it.  THANK YOU!

Frontera Consulting
Oracle, Salesforce and Zuora Consultants
Highlighted
Guru

You are welcome!  I'm glad that worked.

We had this same issue when we went live with Zuora/Quotes years ago.  We mass updated our product catalog to use the Align to Term Start for all recurring charges.  Monthly charges, the only option is to Align to Charge.  I haven't noticed any issues with this in our processes once we made the change.