Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Receiving Error **Attempt to deference a null object** while creating Renewal Quotes

In a specific scenario Customer was receiving Error **Attempt to deference a null object** on the “Provide Quote, Account, Subscription detail” Page while creating Renewal Quotes

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zuora Support

Re: Receiving Error **Attempt to deference a null object** while creating Renewal Quotes

Reviewing the Managed Packaged logs, It was observed that the Error was thrown at the stack trace

“Attempt to de-reference a null object; LineNumber -- 127; StackTrace -- Class.zqu.RenewalQuoteBuilder.replaceExpiredRatePlans: “

Setting  Auto-replace Expired Rate Plans has been enabled in  Salesforce Org which can be verified by Navigating to Zuora Config ->Quote Configuration Settings

Below is the explanation of the feature

• If you have a Product and you renew it and it is expired , but there is another active rate plan in the Product, it replaces it
  • If there are more than one active plan,it does not do anything, it flags as "Expired" which is nothing more than an warning

Further reviewing the Subscription on which Quote is being renewed,  it has been observed that there are Product Rate Plans which are expired before the Renewal Term

Upon checking the Products with Expired Rate Plans,It has been observed that Products have no other Rate Plans which are active

This explains the reason why the error was thrown since the setting Auto-replace Expired Rate Plans is trying to replace the expired rate plan with active rate plan and could find none

• To resolve the error, setting Auto-replace Expired Rate Plans can be disabled

• Another option would be to remove the Products which are expired from the Subscriptions by creating Remove Product Ammendments

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Receiving Error **Attempt to deference a null object** while creating Renewal Quotes

Reviewing the Managed Packaged logs, It was observed that the Error was thrown at the stack trace

“Attempt to de-reference a null object; LineNumber -- 127; StackTrace -- Class.zqu.RenewalQuoteBuilder.replaceExpiredRatePlans: “

Setting  Auto-replace Expired Rate Plans has been enabled in  Salesforce Org which can be verified by Navigating to Zuora Config ->Quote Configuration Settings

Below is the explanation of the feature

• If you have a Product and you renew it and it is expired , but there is another active rate plan in the Product, it replaces it
  • If there are more than one active plan,it does not do anything, it flags as "Expired" which is nothing more than an warning

Further reviewing the Subscription on which Quote is being renewed,  it has been observed that there are Product Rate Plans which are expired before the Renewal Term

Upon checking the Products with Expired Rate Plans,It has been observed that Products have no other Rate Plans which are active

This explains the reason why the error was thrown since the setting Auto-replace Expired Rate Plans is trying to replace the expired rate plan with active rate plan and could find none

• To resolve the error, setting Auto-replace Expired Rate Plans can be disabled

• Another option would be to remove the Products which are expired from the Subscriptions by creating Remove Product Ammendments

View solution in original post