Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support

Quote Error - zQuoteUtil.getChargeGroups(): New Charge Groups must match the Entity of the Quote.

Problem - If you have multi entity enabled and are getting the below pop up error on the Product Selector page after you select a Product Rate Plan and hit next. 

zQuoteUtil.getChargeGroups(): New Charge Groups must match the Entity of the Quote.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Quote Error - zQuoteUtil.getChargeGroups(): New Charge Groups must match the Entity of the Quote

Solution - If you have multi-entity enabled and are facing the similar issue please see below how we resolved this issue in this specific case. 

I took the debug logs and it gave me the below information-

SOQL_EXECUTE_BEGIN|[164]|Aggregations:0|SELECT Id, Product__c, EffectiveStartDate__c, EffectiveEndDate__c, EntityID__c FROM ProductRatePlan__c WHERE (Id IN :tmpVar1 AND Deleted__c = FALSE AND EffectiveStartDate__c <= :tmpVar2 AND EffectiveEndDate__c >= :tmpVar3)
SOQL_EXECUTE_END|[164]|Rows:7
EXCEPTION_THROWN|[183]|zqu.ZQException: zQuoteUtil.getChargeGroups(): New Charge Groups must match the Entity of the Quote.
EXCEPTION_THROWN|[1936]|zqu.ZQException: zQuoteUtil.getChargeGroups(): New Charge Groups must match the Entity of the Quote.
FATAL_ERROR|zqu.ZQException: zQuoteUtil.getChargeGroups(): New Charge Groups must match the Entity of the Quote.

Class.zqu.zQuoteUtilHelper: line 183, column 1
Class.zqu.zQuoteUtil: line 25, column 1
Class.zqu.SelectProductController: line 1888, column 1
CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|zqu.VFRemote: zqu.SelectProductController invoke(getRatePlanCharges)

When I checked the Zuora Config --> Guided Product Selector --> Their Guided Product Selector step, I could see that there was no filter added for the Entity ID as shown below. 

Rule_Avi.png

After we added the filter for the entity ID as well, the customer was not getting any Product which was unrelated to the Entity on the Quote and hence they were not getting the error any longer. Please see below the updated Filter. 

Additional Filter Condition to be added.

AdditionalCondition.png

Final filtered Product Catalog

UpdatedRule_Avi.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √