Happy Business Starts Here

Product Catalog Sync error : CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY:zqu.ProductRatePlanChargeTrigger

Highlighted
Support SME

Product Catalog Sync error : CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY:zqu.ProductRatePlanChargeTrigger

Problem:

Product catalog Sync is failing with following error for Product Rate Plan charge Object:

CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY:zqu.ProductRatePlanChargeTrigger: execution of AfterUpdate.caused by: System.NullPointerException: Attempt to de-reference a null object

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

2 REPLIES 2
Support SME

Re: Product Catalog Sync error : CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY:zqu.ProductRatePlanChargeTrigg

Solution:

The error was thrown during Product Catalog Sync after new product Catalog upload.

Based on debugging the log, it was  found that the NullPointerException error was thrown as some Overage Pricing charges had a null IncludedUnits value .
In Zuora UI these charges' Included Units appear to be 0 but in reality they were null.

After correcting  the data the error was resolved

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Guru

Re: Product Catalog Sync error : CANNOT_INSERT_UPDATE_ACTIVATE_ENTITY:zqu.ProductRatePlanChargeTrigg

@nathanc we had seen this in our environment. If its possible for core Zuora to return null values via the API then Quotes / 360 sync should be updated to be able to handle these situations and avoid the exception.