Happy Business Starts Here

Tutor

Prefill Service Activation Date based on Start Date for new Quote

When I add a new Quote, is it possible to have the following:

if you fill in a date in either 'Start Date' or 'Service Activation' date, fill the other field with the same date. After that, allow both to be editable

zqu__QuoteOption VF page contains component, but it's source is hidden as it's a part of manage package.

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Zuora Support

Re: Prefill Service Activation Date based on Start Date for new Quote

Hey @mporset,
Can you please help me understand this better? As far as I can think you need to populate certain fields based on the value of Start Date & Service Activation date. Are these the custom fields? Also, what you mean when you say "After that, allow both to be editable"? 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Tutor

Hi @Hina 

Here's my scenario:
1. Click New Quote on Opportunity
2. "Start Date" and "Service Activation Date" are empty (which is good)
3. I set some value (ex. 4/29/2019) as a "Start Date".
4. "Service Activation Date" should be then automatically filled in with the same value (4/29/2019 in this case)
5. I should be able to adjust "Service Activation Date" if I want to.

Is it possible?

Zuora Staff

This "Create Quote" managed package page is actually built from two of the managed package's components (which are available for use). The main component displayed is the "CreateQuote" component, described below:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/I_Development_Resources/C_Component_Library/B_Global_C...

The CreateQuote component has some simple plugins you can use for applying your own defaulting logic for fields upon page load, or for applying your own save click on clicking "Next". You could implement these plugins with little work, but they will not come with any "dynamic rerendering" in the UI. The benefit of this approach is you can add your own logic without needing to recreate the VF page or implement a complex component.

The CreateQuote component is an implementation of the more granular "PropertyComponent", described below:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/I_Development_Resources/C_Component_Library/B_Global_C...

The PropertyComponent allows you to implement your own custom rerendering logic for whichever fields you want. However, to use this component you will need to create a custom VF page, embed the component, and recreate the dynamic rerendering logic typically handled by the managed package page (such as changing the Term Type to Evergreen automatically hides the term length fields). You can see an example of using the PropertyComponent with custom logic for rendering certain fields below:

Zuora Staff

From what it sounds like you want to be able to do, you could just use a Salesforce worfklow to do the field update.  Create a fielde update with the condition where Start Date does not equal to null.  The update would be a formula field on the Service Activation Date.  Select "Use a formula to set the new value"  and set it as zqu__StartDate__c.   If you set the value to only be evaluated on create then any changes manually to Service Activation Date after the initial quote creation will stick.  Let me know if this is what you wanted to accomplish.  Thanks.

Zuora Support

Thanks @Mikey_Zeitz & @Bryan Smiley Happy

@mporset
Please let us know if you need any further help once you look into the provided solutions. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Staff

@mporset 

One of the new settings that I recently noticed which was made available in CPQ version 9.6 is the ability to default a quote's Customer Acceptance Date and Service Activation Date to its Start Date.  You can find the checkbox to enable "Default Trigger Dates" in the Quote Configuration Settings.  Please test it to make sure it works for what you need and if it does, you won't need the Salesforce field update.

Link to our KC article about that setting can be found here

Tutor

Thank you for all you answers.