Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Populate custom field on Product object from Account Object during Quote Creation

I have a requirement to filter Products based on the Account Billing State in the Guided Product Selector. I am trying to create and populate a custom field on Product object to filter products. 

Could someone please recomend a way to auto populate the Product object custom field from Account Object Billing State.

3 REPLIES 3
Zuora Alumni

Re: Populate custom field on Product object from Account Object during Quote Creation

Hi @ssukhija, If i understand  your use case correct, you can try the following steps , instead

- create a custom field with same API name and Type  on Product Object on Zuora and on Product2 object on Salesforce

-While creating Products on Zuora, populate this field value with the values from Account Billing States having different values on different products.

-when you perform PC sync, this custom field should get sync over with correct values

-Now, in Guided product Selector, while creating a Step for a flow, you create a new Filter like this (productfield1 is the custom field on product0

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

Where Text1 is the custom field on Account object (in your case the Billing State).

Can you please try and let me know how it goes

Thank you

Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Highlighted
Valued Scholar

Re: Populate custom field on Product object from Account Object during Quote Creation

Hi Doyeli

Thanks a lot for the response.

My use case is - If the Customer Address has billing state (Washington) , do nto allow one particular Product in the Guided Selector to be displayed.

If I create one Product per state, I will end up with 50 state based products per original product, which I am trying to avoid. Is there a way to change the operator from "equal" to "not equal" in the guided selector. 

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi @ssukhija ok yes, I can see your concern. But then can you please let me know how you are trying to filter out the products?

I mean, say if the Account Billing State is CA, what is your criteria to identify that products a,b,c etc. will be filtered out?

Based on that I can try suggesting 

Thank you

Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √