Happy Business Starts Here

Opportunity Forecasting in Salesforce

One of my customer whom I am working with is asking how they can implement Salesforce opportunity forecasting when they go live with Zuora.

In earlier versions, we were using custom product objects. With newer versions, since we can manage products in Salesforce products/price book; has anyone come across this scenrio and has it been implemented with any other customer?

If customer wants to use forecasting in Salesforce.

• Which is the minimum version of Z-Quotes and 360 sync they should be on with?
  • What special permissions needed to be enabled within Zuora/Z-Quotes?
  • Though products are created in native SF objects, we create opportunity with Zuora Quotes and associate products (gets stored in QuoteRatePlan, QuoteRatePlanCharge/tiers objects). How to roll-up Zuora Quotes products to opportunity product?

Any suggestions or directions would be helpful.

15 REPLIES 15
Zuora Alumni

Re: Opportunity Forecasting in Salesforce

Hi Vasudeva, 

Great question!  I need to check with our Salesforce experts for their recommendations.

Thanks,

Vickie

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Zuora Alumni

Hi Vasudeva, 

I spoke with our Salesforce experts for their recommendations.

Question: Which is the minimum version of Z-Quotes and 360 sync should they be on?

Response:  The Minimum version is Zuora Quotes v7.x

Question:  What special permissions needed to be enabled within Zuora/Z-Quotes?

Response:  The customer would need to have the Bundling feature

Question:  Though products are created in native SF objects, we create opportunity with Zuora Quotes and associate products (get stored in QuoteRatePlan, QuoteRatePlanCharge/tiers objects). How to roll-up Zuora Quotes products to opportunity products?

Response: For this one we would suggest that you speak to our Global Support team, as we do not support rolling up products to Opportunity, and this would require customization.  

Thanks,

Vickie

Zuora Alumni

You Re: Opportunity Forecasting in Salesforce

You dont need to have Bundling enabled to make use of Salesforce Forecasting, just upgraded to 7.x uses the Salesforce Product object.

Re: You Re: Opportunity Forecasting in Salesforce

Thanks, Nathan for clarifying this. 

On forecasting custom solution is the way to go as products are not directly stored in opportunity lines which is required for forecasting?

Thanks, Vickie

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

You're very welcome!  

It looks like you were wanting to confirm with Nathan about the Customization for forecasting. Is that correct?  

Let me know and I would be more than happy to request that for you.

Have a nice day!

Yes, also...if anyone has done this customization...can I get more information on documentation or any other inputs?

I checked with GS team and got inputs on how to go about customization. We can close this thread

Community Manager

Thanks for updating us, @vasudeva_shenoy!  Could you share with others in the Community what they suggested that you do? That'd be super helpful if any other customers are looking to do the same thing.

Thanks again,

Lana

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne