Highlighted
DataCamp_HM Honor Student

Honor Student

Honor Student

Managing Late Renewals in Zuora

[ Edited ]

How are folks here managing late renewals?

Example: Contract term is 10/1/2018-10/1/2018 and the renewal data is 10/1/2018 but our customer success team is still negotaitating the renewal with the client. We want to make sure the client is not turned off on the day their contract ends if they don't renew. 

Client then tells us they do not want to renew on 10/10/2018 and the subscription is then subscription is cancelled as of 10/1/2018 (original end date) even though cancellation occured on 10/10/18. (This would reverse any revenue recognized during the gap period)

Client then renews on 10/10/2018 and the subscription renews from 10/1/2018-10/1/2019 even though renewal occured on 10/10/18. 

We want to keep the subscription active during those 10 days in both scenarios and to keep their services active on our side. 

Would the best process be that we leave all subscriptions active unless we go into Zuora and marked them cancelled?

On a side note: From Salesforce, how would a closed/lost renewal opportunity trigger an account cancelation via ZQuote. (Is it cancellation quote, send to z-billing and mark opportunity closed/lost)?

Jyoti_Sinha Support Team

Support Team

Support Team

Re: Managing Late Renewals in Zuora

@DataCamp_HM I will break your query in below 2 parts:

1. We want to keep the subscription active during those 10 days in both scenarios and to keep their services active on our side.

Would the best process be that we leave all subscriptions active unless we go into Zuora and marked them cancelled?

While creating the new subscription if you keep the auto renew flag true, this will renew the subscription automatically. Please find following article with the details on auto renewals: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/BC_Subscription_Management/Subscriptions/B_Creating_Subscriptions/...

2. From Salesforce, how would a closed/lost renewal opportunity trigger an account cancelation via ZQuote. (Is it cancellation quote, send to z-billing and mark opportunity closed/lost)?

You can set a trigger on opportunity and programatically create Quotes. Using Component Library, you can rebuild the flow with your custom business logic and user interface, keeping the Zuora Quotes logic intact. This is possible with the use of global methods, global components, and Order Builder.

I am providing few knowledge centre articles related to same, please have a look and let me know in case of further queries.

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/I_Development_Resources/C_Component_Library/B_Global_C...

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/I_Development_Resources/C_Component_Library

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √