Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Support

Issue Identified: Error in sync of payments linked to external payment methods

We have identified an issue which is affecting sync of payments linked to external payment methods from Zuora to Salesforce for Salesforce 360 versions 4.13 or newer. Our internal team is working on the fix which needs thorough checking from our end based on the changes introduced in versions 4.13 or newer.

Meanwhile we have identified a workaround which will help you to sync the External Payments from Zuora to Salesforce. Please check the solution section for same.

SigNowBlue.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

9 REPLIES 9
Zuora Support

Re: Issue Identified: Error in sync of payments linked to external payment methods

Workaround steps:

1. On Zuora end: Create a dummy customer account and sync it to a salesforce account(you can create a dummy one for this as well).

2. On Zuora end: Extract the ID for the external payment method, for example : Check

Goto datasource export -> Select Payment Method in the datasource dropdown -> Select field ID to be extracted -> and filter on Type to get each Payment Method ID -> click on export.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 17.04.48.png

3. On Salesforce end: Create a Payment Method and populate the Zuora ID as extracted above in step 2 with the field External ID(Zuora__External_Id__c) and Billing Account with dummy customer account created in step 1.

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 17.07.58.png

Please note: this needs to be carried only once for each External Payment Method. Repeat the steps 2 and 3 for all External payment methods active in your Zuora Tenant.

Our internal teams are discussing the issue on highest priority to work on the long term fix, we will keep you updated on the timeline of same using this community post, please check back here for updates. Once again apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused at your end.

SigNowBlue.png

Valued Scholar

Re: Issue Identified: Error in sync of payments linked to external payment methods

As far as I can tell we are not experiencing this issue. When we process an external payment (check) in Salesforce we are seeing the payment processed in both systems. Is there a specific error message we should keep an eye out for? 

Support SME

Hi @lisaluque, If you hit the problem, you will see an error like below, in your Sync history for Payment Object:

INVALID_FIELD:Foreign key external ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx not found for field Zuora__External_Id__c in entity Zuora__PaymentMethod__c

Thank you
Doyeli

SigNowBlue.png

Valued Scholar

Will that error message be located in the Sync history or on the Payment Details page?

Valued Scholar

Sorry re-read your comment where it states error will be located in sync history.

Highlighted
Support SME

Thanks @lisaluque Smiley Happy

SigNowBlue.png

Student

Hi,

What does it mean when it says:

3. On Salesforce end: Create a Payment Method and populate the Zuora ID as extracted above in step 2 with the field External ID(Zuora__External_Id__c) and Billing Account with dummy customer account created in step 1.

Where do I go in Salesforce to locate this?

Thanks

Chris

Support SME

Hi @chris_curtis, Please create a Tab for "Paymnet Method " Object on salesforce.  Click on that Tab, Click New to Add the  record.

paymentmethodTab.PNG

paymentMethod2.PNG

Please let us know how it works, else we can join in a shared session to walk you thru

Thank you
Doyeli

SigNowBlue.png

Support SME

Wanted to update this thread that Fix for this issue has been deployed .
This fix includes 1) fix on Core Zuora release and 2) New release 4.15 of zuora 360 managed package.

Here is the Release note

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/AA_Whats_New/BB_360Sync_Release_Notes

Please create a Ticket with Zuora Global support requesting installation link of Zuora 360 4.15

Thank you for all your patience !!

Thank you
Doyeli

SigNowBlue.png