Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Invoice PDF button forcing download

Guru

This is a bug in Z360 and not salesforce. The namespace needs to be added to the url parameter on the button.

The button string should contain /Zuora__viewInvoicePdf? instead of  /viewInvoicePdf? 

It will redirect to /viewInvoicePdf after the button is pushed.

If you look at the url button configurations for ZQuotes on the quote you will see the namespacve is added to all of the url buttons.

I was able to get the viewInvoicePdf page to work in v4.14 by editing the url when the error is displayed by inserting the namespace.

Without the namespace it is looking for the unmanaged page of that name. If I had a page of that name the link would open it.

Maggie Longshore
Support SME

HI @Maggie, Yes, thank you very much for pointing this out. My bad, not sure how I overlooked this part earlier.
Button or Link URL/ is INDEED changed between z360 4.8 (working) and 4.14 (not working)

In 4.8 where it works, the link is : apex/Zuora__viewInvoicePdf?id={!Zuora__ZInvoice__c.Id}&viewInline=true

but in 4.14 it is : /apex/viewInvoicePdf?id={!Zuora__ZInvoice__c.Id}&viewInline=true

I will work with Engieering to get this addressed in 360 managed package.

Will post the timeframe of the new package, once determined.

Thank you
Doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Guru

Just to add, it was sort of a combo issue. Salesforce's behavior before Spring 18 would still redirect the URL without the namespace (even though the namespace should have been provided).

It seems they removed that undocumented redirect and now the link is broken.

Highlighted
Support SME

Thank you @feisley. Yes.  Based on my discussion with Engineering, we don’t and should not add any namespace into the class name. They have provided their comment in the salesforce case as well. And, anyway, this was working until Spring 18 release.

I will let you know when we hear back from salesforce end. Their R&D is looking into it

Thank you
Doyeli

Guru

It is correct that the actual class name would not be changed with the namespace. It is only needed on the url to differentiate from an unmanaged class of the same name.

Maggie Longshore
Support SME

Hi @MaggieL Engineering is working with Salesforce support on this. I will post an update here in this thread when the issue is sorted out

Thank you
Doyeli

Support SME

Update-- 

The error  "Page viewInvoicePdf does not exist"  with "View Invoice PDF" button has been addressed in Zuora 360 release 4.15.

Please create a ticket with Zuora Global support to request installation link for this release

Thank you
Doyeli

Zuora Staff

Hi,

We have 4.16 installed and the issue is still there, i.e. when clicking on the View Invoice button the user is asked to login into Zuora.

Zuora Support

@vadimkoro

Starting from version 4.2, you have Ability to View Inline Invoice PDFs using "View Invoice Pdf" button

This avoids issues with the Invoice Pdf btton when clicked being generated to Zuora login
Now you have two menu options on the Invoice detail page to download the invoice PDF or view inline. The menu options for invoice PDFs are available as buttons and custom links.

If you are having issues, can you please directly message me the Salesforce Org Id and grant access to review further?

Support SME

To add to above, the Button name  is **View_Invoice_PDF**