Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Information on Migration Settings for Zuora 360

Problem:

If customer has a large volume of data, syncing all the data for updated objects can potentially take a long time after zuora 360 sync  package upgrade.  Migration Custom Setting can then be used to control the sync of the updated objects.

By default, the Migrated field in the Migration Keys is set to true, and the data for the updated objects are not migrated in the first sync session after the Zuora 360 upgrade.

The Solution section of this Article has documeneted few infromation on how these custom Migraytion settings work

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Information on Migration Settings for Zuora 360

Solution:

1) When customers perform Zuora 360 package upgrade, for each version that is in the upgrade path, we might have some Apex Jobs to create custom MigrationSettings__c objects if we introduced any new fields.

By default, these custom settings will tell Zuora not to perform a full sync for the objects where the new fields are added. If customer wants, they can disable the migrated flag on the custom setting and run the full sync.

2) If  customer disables the migrated flag for a specific Migration Key and performs the full sync, after the sync is completed, Zuora will insert another MigrationSetting__c object with the tenant Id attached to the end.

So for example, if the original migration key was ‘NewSubscriptionField’, another key called ‘NewSubscriptionField_xxxx’  (where 'xxxx' is the Zuora tenant id) will be inserted after the sync.

3) In case the upgrade fails before any of the original migration keys could be created and the migration keys do not exist in Salesforce, a full sync will be triggered.

After the sync is finished, the behavior in Step 2 will take place: migration keys with the tenant Id appended will be inserted.
If the upgrade had succeeded there would be two sets of migration keys, one with the tenant Id and one without.

For details on the migration keys and the Zuora 360 package versions the keys were added, please review the following Article:

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/E_Zuora_360/M_Migration_Settings_for_Zuora_360

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √