Happy Business Starts Here

How to restrict users from manually editing the the fields during quoting process?

Highlighted
Zuora Support

How to restrict users from manually editing the the fields during quoting process?

Question: How to restrict users from manually editing the the fields during quoting process?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: How to restrict users from manually editing the the fields during quoting process?

Solution: 

We can achieve this by making the Field level security as Read Only.

In this exmple we are showing how to make  "Effective Price" as readonly.

1.Go to the users profile and search for the Quote Rate plan charge object under Field-Level Security section.
2. Click on view to see the FLS.
3.Click edit and remove the Edit Access permission to Effective Price field. Make sure Read only permission is enabled. 

FLSreadonly.PNG

Please make sure the System permission Edit Read Only Fields is not checked for the particular profile to which we want this field to be readonly. If the above permission is enabled for the profile eventhough we set FLS as readonly this setting will ovrride the access and the users can edit the field.

The user that belongs to this profile, will not be able to edit "Effective Price" field during quoting process as shown in below screen shot.
Readonlyfields.PNG

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √