Happy Business Starts Here

Re: How do I customize my Quote template?

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

How do I customize my Quote template?

I have (9) Zuora Quotes page layouts in Salesforce , which I am assuming means I have (9) templates stored somewhere (Zuora account?)

I want to add some fields that can be used in workflows or processes or just plain make them required e.g. Opportunity field . I tried adding them to the Salesforce page but they don't trigger the workflows or validation rules I build for the Zuora Quotes object.

See screen cap below for example of one of my quote layouts, the sections in pastel greens labelled "Quote Information" is where I think I need to add the fields and it is a Zuora Visual force page section.

I need help to find the existing templates / page layouts that are in use and how I go about making my edits i.e. adding fields, making them required etc.

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

Regards, Retreever

ZQuote Screen Cap.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Zuora Alumni

Hi @Retreever This has not related to Quote Template.

You need to identify the the "Field Set" being used on this Quote Detail page, Edit that specific field set and add the field there.

Please review the following Article on how to check the "Layout Configuration setting" on your zuora Config to identify the field set name being used 

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/CB_Zuora_Quotes_Configuration_Settings/...

Please review and let me know if you could identify

Thank you

doyeli

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Zuora Alumni

Hi @Retreever This has not related to Quote Template.

You need to identify the the "Field Set" being used on this Quote Detail page, Edit that specific field set and add the field there.

Please review the following Article on how to check the "Layout Configuration setting" on your zuora Config to identify the field set name being used 

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/C_Zuora_Quotes/CB_Zuora_Quotes_Configuration_Settings/...

Please review and let me know if you could identify

Thank you

doyeli

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

Hi @doyeli , I assumed you meant "Field" Set not "Filed" Set. LOL

I was able to determine that the field sets currently used for quotes are Quote_Information, Account_Details, Subscription_Terms and Additional_Terms.

In reviewing the (4) Field Sets I found all the fields I was looking for, I edited and saved each Field Set marking certain fields in every set as "Required" (checking the box) . Am I correct in assuming that when a Sales Rep now creates a quote he will find these fields "required" in order to Save the quote record?

Thanks, Retreever

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

@doyeliOne other thing if after reviewing the (4) Field Sets being used for quotes there is a specific field that is not part of either field set can I add a "new" field to an existing field set or do I need to create a custom Field Set?

Thanks Again

Retreever

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi @Retreever Sorry for the typo in my original response. I have corrected it now, thanks for pointing out Smiley Happy

Yes, once you add the additinal field to the correct Field Set, the user will be able to see that during Quote creation process

To answer your second question, you should be able to add the additional field to any existing field set.

Thank you

Doyeli

Highlighted
Senior Tutor

@doyeliBy checking the required box on the fields in the field sets - does that mean the rep creating a quote will HAVE to populate those fields before he can save the quote?

Thanks, Retreever

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Yes

Thanks

Doyeli