Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME

Getting MergeFieldValidationException while generating Quote PDF

Problem: While it works for most  profiles, some users/profiles are getting the following Error generating Quote PDF:

Error while generating Quote. Please contact Zuora support with the following message.

com.zuora.sync.sfdc.quote.exceptions.QuoteDocumentException:                             com.zuora.sync.sfdc.quote.exceptions.MergeFieldValidationException:             The following fields are not valid merge fields. Quote.Step_YN__c,Quote.Halo_Subscription_Fee_PS_Fee__c,Quote.Full_Platform_YN__c,Quote.Halo_Subscription_Fee_PS_Fee,.
The reason may be: 1. These merge fields are not exist. 2. The hierarchy size of merge fields must be between 2 and 3.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Support SME

Re: Getting MergeFieldValidationException while generating Quote PDF

Response: Make sure the salesfroce 'Profile',  the users who are facing this issue belongs to,  have 'visible' access to the  fields mentioned in the error message. Please review  the following Screesnhot, as a reference.

This hightlights couple of fields mentioned in the error message and the user profile does not have 'visible' access to it, causing the above error to be thrown.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √