Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Error on Quote Template - "No template has been configured for New Subscription"

Problem - 

If you have multi entity enabled for your tenant and you are receiving the Quote Templates Error - "No template has been configured for New Subscription" on clicking “Generate PDF” button.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Error on Quote Template - "No template has been configured for New Subscription"

Solution – Please follow the steps below for a probable solution for this issue-

1. Please review the KC article and confirm if you have followed the steps mentioned in this article regarding "Add Billing Entity to Quote Template and Invoice Template Page Layouts"
    Add Billing Entity to Quote Template and Invoice Template Page Layouts

1. Run the below query in your developer console and make sure that it returns an ID for the Billing Entity for your Zuora tenant.
    SELECT Id, Name, zqu__BillingEntity__c, zqu__Template_Id__c, zqu__Quote_Type__c, zqu__Description__c, zqu__IsDefault__c FROM zqu__Quote_Template__c WHERE (zqu__Quote_Type__c = ‘<Please enter the Subscription Type here>’ and zqu__BillingEntity__c = ‘<Please enter the Billing Entity ID here>)

If there is no data returned, we need to make sure that the Quote template has the Billing Entity added to it. For this go to your Salesforce Org then Zuora Config --> Quote Template Settings, Open your quote template and check the Billing Entity field’s value. Update accordingly if needed. 

2. If all the above is set as expected, then Navigate to the quote for which you are facing this issue and see what the "Billing Entity" field's value is set on this Quote. It should match the Billing Entity which is set on the Quote template as shown in the snapshots below. If not, make changes accordingly and try again.

Billing Entity set on Quote

BillingEntityOnQuote.png

Billing Entity set on Quote Template

BillingEntityOnQuoteTemplate.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √