Happy Business Starts Here

Guru

Create extension of BaseQuoteWizardController for first step zqu__quoteEnhancement

Has anyone extended zqu.BaseQuoteWizardController to provide custom implementation of zqu__quoteEnhancement?

This page allows user to select existing account or create a new one, then does same with the quote type (new, renew, amend).

I am confused as to how to proceed and would like ideas if someone has already done this.

My uncertainty is that the quote will not exist when the first step executes so if I create an extension to the quote standard controller without a qhote will I hit exceptions? Should I use an opportunity standard controller?  Would I be able to add this as a wizard step?

I could also create a new VF page outside of the wizard and a new New Quote button and just remove the  zqu__quoteEnhancement step altogether, would zqu__CreateQuote work as the first page in wizard?

Maggie Longshore
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Zuora Staff

Re: Create extension of BaseQuoteWizardController for first step zqu__quoteEnhancement

Maggie,

Can you please eleborate on your use case? The zqu__quoteEnhancement is a page that is used to route to the SelectBillingAccount (Step 1) or CreateQuote page (Step 2) of the Quote wizard. The SelectBillingAccounts page is only applicable if a Zuora account is found that matches the CRMID field on the Zuora account with the Salesforce Id of the Account.

Thank you,

Shawn

Guru

Re: Create extension of BaseQuoteWizardController for first step zqu__quoteEnhancement

@MaggieL the zqu__quoteEnhancement is just a VF page referenced by the Quote Wizard settings in the Zuora Config. It has a single component on it: SelectBillingAccount. Unfortunately SelectBillingAccount doesnt have much in the way of customizations, so you would have to make a new VF page and implement the logic you desire to replace that page. Then you would change the Quote Wizard Settings to reference your new VF page.

Your custom VF page would have to use the Zuora Quote standard controller so that it appears in the available list for the wizard selector: 

<apex:page standardController="zqu__Quote__c">

But you could always specify your own extension.

Guru

We will be having competing sales teams selling to the same customer base (different products).

We have set up a role based system where a salesperson should only see billing accounts and subscriptions that pertain to his role.  If an Account has a Billing Account in Zuora that belongs to a different role then we do not want the user to use the same Billing Account but to create a new one.

I need a new page so I can control the visibility of the billing account for the logged in user.

Also if the sales rep is in the same role as the existing account, I want to force him to use the existing account and not allow creation of a new billing account.

Likewise I want to enforce building on an existing subscription if certain business conditions are met instead of allowing a user to create multiple subscriptions for the same billing account.

Maggie Longshore
Zuora Alumni

Maggie can you upgrade to Quotes 7.4 that we release tomorrow?  We have a plugin that will let you do this.

Guru

Sure @nathanc, can you provide details?

Maggie Longshore
Zuora Alumni

It will be documented on the Knowledge Center when we release tomorrow, should be under the Components and Plugins section and will also be in the Release Notes.

Guru

Ahh making us wait... Will be like waiting for Christmas morning to arrive...

:-)