Happy Business Starts Here

Cannot change charge model because it is used by quotcharge with Id <quoterateplanchrageid>

Support SME

Cannot change charge model because it is used by quotcharge with Id <quoterateplanchrageid>

Product catalog sync triggered from Zuora gives below error for a Product Rate Plan Charge record:

FIELD_CUSTOM_VALIDATION_EXCEPTION:Update Fail. Cannot change charge model because it is used by quote charge with Id a0b0Y000004zLNuQAM

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Cannot change charge model because it is used by quotcharge with Id <quoterateplanchrageid>

This is a rare use case that can cause this error, where the Charge Model is changed in Zuora before sending the Quote to Zuora(which is using the same charge)

Recommended workaround is to perform a salesforce data fix i.e remove lookup ids on quote Rate plan charge, change the charge model, repopulate the lookup ids.

To follow above workaround clear the field values from the Quote Rate Plan charge record as highlighted below(save the values).
After this, the product catalog sync could successfully sync the updated charge.
Now, repopulate these field values in the QRPC record in SF.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support SME

Re: Cannot change charge model because it is used by quotcharge with Id <quoterateplanchrageid>

This is a rare use case that can cause this error, where the Charge Model is changed in Zuora before sending the Quote to Zuora(which is using the same charge)

Recommended workaround is to perform a salesforce data fix i.e remove lookup ids on quote Rate plan charge, change the charge model, repopulate the lookup ids.

To follow above workaround clear the field values from the Quote Rate Plan charge record as highlighted below(save the values).
After this, the product catalog sync could successfully sync the updated charge.
Now, repopulate these field values in the QRPC record in SF.

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post