Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Bundling enabled - Product Catalog Sync timeouts

Problem - In this specific scenario customer was trying to sync a lot of Products, Product Rate Plans, Product Rate Plan Charges, Product Rate Plan Charges Tiers from Salesforce --> Zuora which adds up to high number of records but still less than 10k records. They were wondering why there is an issue even when the allowed limit is 10k as per the below article. 

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/I_Development_Resources/C_Component_Library/C_Global_C...

The issue they were facing was that these Products were getting synced to Zuora but the Zuora ID was not populated back to Salesforce records and the sync status also says completed without showing anything processed as below. 

inline-392776519.png

On syncing these Products again to Zuora they were getting an error that SKU is already in use which is as expected. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Bundling enabled - Product Catalog Sync timeouts

Solution - When I replicated this issue in customer's org and added the debug logs I saw the below stack trace-

EXCEPTION_THROWN|[142]|System.LimitException: Apex CPU time limit exceeded
CODE_UNIT_FINISHED|zqu.zqu.ProductSyncBatchable

On checking further with the Engineering this is what we found out along with the workaround as below-

The total number of 10k records does not mean in a single execution context. 
The batchable job is executed once, but it iterates over sets of products across multiple batches, which is the way large jobs are handled in Salesforce.

If there are timeouts with the high number of records (Products, PRPs, PRPCs, PRPCTs), then you can always sync the records in smaller batches. The ProductSyncUtil global class can be used to automate batch synchronization of products:
[https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CA_Commerce/I_Development_Resources/C_Component_Library/C_Global_C...]

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √