Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted

Bill cycle day set incorrectly because of discount charges?

Hi!

We have the following use case with a customer when creating a subscription via Zuora Quotes.

Account 

Bill cycle day set to “auto-set”.

Subscription

Subscription type: Evergreen

Contract Effective Date: 18.08.2017

Service Activation Date: 01.09.2017

Products

Product A

399 € one-time charge

(10 % Discount)

Trigger condition: Contract effective date

Product B

Trigger condition: Service activation date

49 € / month

“Generate Invoice” is selected so that the customer receives an invoice immediately on 18.08.2017 for Product A and then on each following 1st of the month for product B.

Usually, Zuora correctly sets the bill-cycle day to the 1st of the month. However: if the one-time fee happens to contain a discount charge, the bill cycle-day is then improperly set to 18th of the month. Since discount charges are considered to be a “recurring” charge, this seems to be the criteria for setting the bill-cycle day.

Should discounts not be considered to be a “fourth” charge type beside the usual “one-time, recurring and usage”?

3 REPLIES 3
Zuora Support

Re: Bill cycle day set incorrectly because of discount charges?

Hi @Andrew8ken: The Auto-set option is used to allow the account BCD to be set to the same day as the triggering date of the first recurring charge on the account. It is recommended not to use this option if you have complex charge types, such as usage charges or multiple charge types.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

The Bill-cycle day is not accessible to the sales team in order to avoid errors, so we've written an APEX trigger to set the Bill-cycle Day to be equal to the service activation day. Works fine too Smiley Happy

Zuora Alumni

That's great @Andrew8ken that is a great option also! Thank you for your Input !

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √