Happy Business Starts Here

Master

Calling all Admins for input!

I'd like to create a consolidated list for the Ideas section on things Zuora can do to help the Admininistration tasks and would love some input for those of us who have to Administor Zuora daily. Here's some of my wants:

1. Multi-Entity - User Provisioning - if you have custom roles when you are adding users to the tenant you have to manually go into each entity to update a user vs. Zuora having the ability to automatically carry the parent roles to the other entities. 
  2. More details when you pull a user list. We can only see minimal information which doesn't even include assigned roles when pulling the user list so we have to manually look at each user in each entity. This is a nightmare when we have to work with Audit and/or Sox compliance.
  3. Multi-entity - User extracts are not possible for all entities in a tenant. You have to manually extract each user by entity but again you don't know what their assigned roles are in each entity. This is a real problem for many reasons but it's hard to replicate UAT in a PCE when it copies Production User information which can be very different that Production.
  4. Understand why Zuora scrubs user emails for a PCE. Basically that means we have to go in to update them every refresh and it has to be done manually one entity and one user at a time so I am not sure why this is done. Is there a way to not scrub user emails for a PCE?
  5. Extract and Import capability for Users - why doesn't an extract match what goes into an SST file to load users? Basically it's a wash effort-wise to manually add users because it takes so much time to create the SST file to import users. If the system could create the extract in the same format this issue would go away
  6. Is there a possibility to not bring in Production users in a PCE during a refresh and keep existing users? This would cut down an huge manual effort especially when you are working in a Mult-entity tenant.
  7. As a client with multiple PCE tenants outside of Production it's confusing when we get the "disabled" user email from Zuora We have Admins across the globe. When an email arrives we have to guess which tenant the user is being disabled in because the email doesn't tell us. Tenant ID and the Admin who disabled the account should be added to the emails being sent when you disable a user in any Zuora tenant.

I will think of more but this can get us started. I am really looking forward to hearing other ideas from all of you! When we agree we have a fairly complete list I will post it in Ideas and tag all the contributors so we can track responses. 

Marcie

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: Calling all Admins for input!

Where are all the Admins? No other feedback or input?

I do have another request to have Zuora send a system generated email as users are added to the system similar to what we get when a user is activated or deactivated. We happen to have Admins across the globe so it would be really helpful for us to get these emails and have them available for Audit.

Scholar

I understand how that could help you, but we have a single person with a backup so wouldn't benefit us.

Master

Thanks for responding @tz5kc1 - do you have any suggestions that may help those with smaller implementations?

Marcie

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

All great points Marcie, unfortunaltey we're still considering Multi-Entity ops but thanks for being a trailblazer! best, Lee Marie