Happy Business Starts Here

Master

Is SubscriptionEndDate and TermEndDate always the same date?

I am not at all troubled by this doubt.

This is a simple question and it is table talk Cat Happy

The Subscription object has the following four dates:

• SubscriptionStartDate
  • SubscriptionEndDate
  • TermStartDate
  • TermEndDate

I know that SubscriptionStartDate and TermStartDate may have different values.

That is, it will be for versions larger than 2 of Subscription with Term Setting "Termed".
SubscriptionStartDate keeps the same value as the version 1's date in any version.
On the other hand, TermStartDate is different from the previous version when the version is upgraded by Renewal (and sometimes Term&Condition).

However, I do not understand the relationship between SubscriptionEndDate and TermEndDate.
To the best of my knowledge, the two always have the same date.
I tried to verify by outputting all Subscriptions in my Sandbox. In all Subscriptions these two dates were the same.

My doubts:

1. Is there a difference in the roles between these two dates?
  2. Is there a situation where these two dates are different date?

Even if both of these answers are "Nothing", I am not surprised.

If there is a field called "Start" Date, it is natural to have a field called "End" Date.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Is SubscriptionEndDate and TermEndDate always the same date?

@yamasaki1ma,

Interesting topic you bring up.

I believe you are on the right track with the Subscription End Date and the Term End Date always being the same, as it is more of a conceptual issue.

The only time the subscription would have a true end date would be upon cancellation, but you wouldn't be able to cancel the subscription without processing a cancellation amendment. That amendment requires that the cancellation date cannot be later than the current Term End Date.

I did some testing to try and cancel it beyond the term end date and ended up with this error:

cancel1.PNG

Even if you process an amendment for renewal and then cancel it, you'll end up seeing the same subscription end date for the different versions. Here's what it looks like when I run a quick report for the following example:

Subscription starts 1-Sept-2017.

I process a renewal in advance.

The Subscription End Date and the Term End Date moves forward together.

enddates.PNG

Best,

Amy

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √