Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support Moderator

Impact of Expiring Products in Zuora

Question: 
We are getting ready for some major updates on our product catalog and will be expiring a few of them along the process. Before we do so, I wanted to see how expiring a product impacts current subscriptions tied to those expired products? Will they continue to renew after we expire them? Any info, suggestions or advice you can give us will be great as this will be the first time we’ll be making big changes to our product catalog and want to know how this will affect us especially current subscription.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support Moderator

Re: Impact of Expiring Products in Zuora

Expiring product rate plans will have the following impacts:

New Subscriptions

• If a new subscription is created after the date of expiration, the product rate plan will not be available for selection

Existing Subscriptions

• Subscriptions will continue to renew with the rate plans assigned, as they were done prior to the expiration date
  • If the rate plan is removed, this product rate plan will no longer be available for selection if you attempt to re-add it afterwards

IMPORTANT CONSIDERATIONS:
Expired Products and Z-Quotes

• Once the change is made the next time you sync Zuora with Salesforce the product will no longer show in Zuora Quotes. If you try to send a new quote from Salesforce to Zuora after you expire the product in Zuora but before you re-sync the product catalog, you will get an error when you click Send to Z-Billing in Salesforce (because the product is no longer available to add to subscriptions in Zuora).

Expired Products and Zuora API

• If you have an external website that uses the API to create orders you will need to update your API code immediately after you expire the product to make sure that product is no longer referenced in the code. If this is not done then any API calls which reference the now expired product will cause an error and no new subscription will be created.

SUPPORTING REFERENCES:
Expiring a Product

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √