We'd like to have an initial period that is for a custom amount of days in order to match a customer's year end, renewing into a "normal" annual subscription.
For our example, let's say our end-customer's financial year starts on the 25th of June, but the subscription should be effective from the 1st of May, so our first invoice should be a prorated annual invoice from 05/01/2015 to 06/24/2015.
- Set your Customer Account's Bill Cycle Day to the 25th
- Set your Initial Term to 2 months, and the Renewal Term to 12 months
- Open the Additional Fields section and set the Term Start Date to 4/25/2015, 2 months before your full annual period should start on the 6/25/2015 (because we have no option for partial months when defining terms, and we're going to use the Term Start Date as an anchor for the periods)
- Open the charge details and set Billing Period Alignment to Align to Term Start.
- Activate your subscription with the effective/activation dates set to 5/1/2015
- If you preview your subscription, the first Service Period should span from 05/01/2015 to 06/24/2015
- On 6/25/2015, your subscription will be renewed automatically for 12 months if it is enabled for Auto Renew, or you'll need to process a manual Renewal amendment.