Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

How to activate multi currency in product catalog for charges?

Question: How to activate multi currency in product catalog for charges?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

3 REPLIES 3
Zuora Support

Re: How to activate multi currency in product catalog for charges?

Solution:

To use multi currency in Product Catalog you need to activate the currencies during the creation of ProductRatePlan using the option ActiveCurrencies in the API call. Please check the below article for same and let me know in case of any concern.

It is a comma-separated list of 3-letter currency codes representing active currencies for this rate plan, e.g., "USD, EUR, CAD, GBP".

Sample code: 

<ns1:update>
 <ns1:zObjects xsi:type="ns2:ProductRatePlan">
  <ns2:Id>4028e6963087b8f201308cdbddc04228</ns2:Id>
 <ns2:ActiveCurrencies>AED,AFN,ALL,AMD,BAM,BBD,BDT,BGN</ns2:ActiveCurrencies>
 </ns1:zObjects>
</ns1:update>

Supporting KC article: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/ProductRatePla...

Tutor

Hi @Jyoti_Sinha,

We are leveraging Rest Action - update apis to perform similar operation but unfontunately facing below issue due to 4 currencies restrictions.  In our case we want to activate 16 currencies. Let me know how we can achieve this. 

[
{
"Errors": [
{
"Code": "INVALID_VALUE",
"Message": "You can only activate or deactivate up to 4 currencies at a time. Please reduce the number of currencies in your call."
}
],
"Success": false
}
]

Thanks,

Sagar.

Zuora Support

@sapatel the maximum number of codes that can be changed in a single call is four.  For instance, in a single call you could activate four currencies, or deactivate four currencies, or activate two and deactivate two.  To make more than four changes always requires more than one call.

The same is being defined in the KC article here: https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/DC_Developers/G_SOAP_API/E1_SOAP_API_Object_Reference/ProductRateP...

Hence, you need to update the ProductRatePlan multiple times to activate 16 currencies.