Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

Delete an amendment after invoicing has occurred past the the end of the previous version of the sub

I run into instances often where a subscription has been cancelled using a specific date only to find out that it was supposed to be cancelled effective a different date.

If I try to delete the amendment in order to undo the cancellation and re-cancel using the correct date I will get an error if invoicing has occured past the end of the previous version of the subscription.

Is there a solution for how to correct this date if I'm unable to delete the original amendment to cancel the subscription?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Zuora Alumni

Re: Delete an amendment after invoicing has occurred past the the end of the previous version of the

Provided payment has not been made, you can cancel the Invoice, putting it back into draft status, then you can cancel and delete the Invoice.  Once the Invoice has been cancelled, then you can delete the Amendment.

If a payment has already been made against the Invoice, then you can not delete or create an Amendment, because the subscription status will be expired.  Once a Subscription is in expired status, you can no longer make any changes to that subscription.

If you still need to create a credit to the customer please review the attached article on creating a negative credit for the customer.

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/kb/How_do_I_handle_a_negative_invoice%3F

If you have additional questions, and can send me a private message and I can help you further. 

Thanks,

Vickie

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √