Happy Business Starts Here

Creating subscription with partial free trial

kramali4_fordsb
Valued Scholar

Creating subscription with partial free trial

I would like to offer a product subscrioption for yearly term with 90 days free trial for new customer. Could you please provide me the recommended way creating the subscription based on zuora's best practice ?

For example, 

1st year - 90 days free trial + remaning days are payable according to prorated basis.

following years, gets renewed for complete year. If it is before end of year, charge will be calculated in prorated basis.

Thanks,

Krishnan

4 REPLIES 4
vu_phan
Zuora Support

Re: Creating subscription with partial free trial

Hi @kramali4_fordsb - Please check out How do I handle free trials in Zuora? article for suggestions on how to set up free trials.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

kramali4_fordsb
Valued Scholar

Thank you! It is very helpful!

saravanakumar
Advanced Tutor

if we have single billing trigger date, only the contract effective date is required to activate a subscription. In this case ,  service activation date is disabled in default_subscription_settings . Then how can we provide free trails without this date . is there any possibility ?

perswardh
Guru

Hi,

I guess you don't want to invoice the customer before the trial period has passed. What you could to is to create a termed subscription with the intial term equaling the trial period and add a discount of 100% for that period and set renew to evergreen (or to a specific term). Once the initial term has passed you either manually have to renew the subscription or if auto renew is set to true the subscription will be renewed to evergreen and and invoice is created with the amount specified for the normal price.

This is the only way I can see that you can do this without using more dates.

If you find my suggestion as the solution, please mark it.

Kind regards

Per