Happy Business Starts Here

Community Manager

Cannot delete canceled subscription even if there is no invoice associated to it

Known Issue: Cannot delete canceled subscription even if there is no invoice associated to it Status: Zuora Engineering is currently working to fix this issue.

Reference Number: DE5534 / PMT-888

Steps to reproduce the issue:

a. Create a subscription with Contract Effective Date as 07/01/2011 and generate Invoice A with Target Date as 07/01/2011

b. Create Amendment B to cancel the subscription at 07/01/2011

c. Run a bill run with Target Date later/greater than 07/01/2011

d. When trying to delete Amendment B, will get error message "This amendment cannot be undone since invoicing has already occurred through the end of the previous version of this subscription."

Workaround: The work around is to create another subscription in the account with same product and charge.

Subscribe to Zuora System Updates at Zuora Trust
Follow Zuora Global Support on Twitter and LinkedIn

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Advanced Tutor

Re: Cannot delete canceled subscription even if there is no invoice associated to it

Good morning,

I'm having a similar issue...I've cancelled a subscription that has never been invoiced, but after I click the delete button and return to the account the subscription shows as active again. Is this the same error?

Thanks!

-Tessa

Zuora Staff

Re: Cannot delete canceled subscription even if there is no invoice associated to it

Hello Tessa,

There are Bill runs that have been generated with the target end date of the subscription #, even if the bill run did not create an invoice. Assuming all of the invoices associated to the subscription are deleted, you will then click into the bill runs page and look for that target date of the subscription, then click into each bill run to verify the account # from the subscription is listed in that specific bill run. You will then need to cancel that bill run and then delete that bill run. Once all bill runs are cancelled and deleted associated to this subscription #, you can then delete the subscription. I hope that this information helps you with your question.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

Guru

@TessaGraziano I think what you are experiencing is the following: When a subsacription is "Cancelled" its actually done as an amendment that cancels the subscription. So if v1 was active then you do a cancellation amendment and end up with v2 showing cancelled.

Now when you try to delete, you are only deleting v2 of the subscription and the amendment that created it. Once you do this, you can also perform a delete of v1 to completely remove it from the system.

In short: If you really want to fully delete a subscription, dont cancel it first, just delete it. Deleting a cancellation effectively un-cancels it Smiley Happy

Hope this helps.

-Jacob