Happy Business Starts Here

Community Manager

[Let's Meetup] Help Plan a Social Event Before Subscribed SF

Zuora Community SF Meetup.png

As you all know, Subscribed SF takes place on June 4-5th. But what if you’re flying into San Francisco early and want to see some of the sights in the City by the Bay before Day 1?  Let’s plan some fun Bay Area Zuora Community Meetup events to create opportunities to meet one another!

Event Ideas

• Walk through SF’s famous Chinatown, grab some dim sum or egg tarts at the highly rated Golden Gate Bakery (be prepared to wait in line!).
  • Ride a cable car which passes Lombard Street, the crookedest street in the world and drops you off at Pier 39 where you can see sea lions and have Ghirardelli chocolate.
  • Stroll down 2nd street toward Oracle Park where the SF Giants play (and win!).
  • Plan a casual happy hour at the well-known 21st Amendment Brewery or any of San Francisco’s famous watering holes like Anchor Brewing (America’s 1st craft brewery).
  • Ever had a sushirrito (sushi + burrito)? Me either, but apparently it’s “a thing” here in SF, or try other unique tastes that you won’t get anywhere else in the world.
  • Take an urban hike to North Beach which is lined with Italian stores and restaurants and you’ll get a picture perfect view of the iconic TransAmerica Pyramid.
  • Still gotta work? Set up a co-working event in a local diner, coffee shop or in the hotel lobby area. I know I’ll probably be stopping by to do some work if you host it, ha!

Bay Area Local?

Show your fellow conference-goers our spectacular city as a host(ess) or recommend some eateries, places to check out, etc. in the comments below.

Want in on the Fun?

Join the Meetup group here. All you need is a meetup.com account and you can leave the group after Subscribed…or stay and see what other great Bay Area Zuora events we have in store post-Subscribed!

Interested in Hosting an Event?

Join the Meetup group and @mention me here with the following:

• Event details
  • Meeting place (Most ideal to meet at the Marriott Marquis)
  • Meeting time

I’ll then make you the event host.  All you need to do is show up on time, be a pleasant host(ess), and have fun!

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
10 REPLIES 10
Savvy Scholar

Re: [Let's Meetup] Help Plan a Social Event Before Subscribed SF

Thanks for sharing this information Lana, very helpful!

Community Manager

Sure thing!  I actually want to check out the Amazon Go store that's not too far from the hotel (if time permits). I've walked by it several times, but am too chicken to check it out by myself, ha!

Supposed to be a cashierless store (Yelp review here)

"A little consideration, a little thought for others, makes all the difference." —A. A. Milne
Student

First time in San Fran and I am flying in Sunday night. Want to do the touristy stuff, Alcatraz, Cable Cars, Golden Gate Bridge etc. Also visitng a few "Diners, Drive-Inns and Dive's" locations, as I know he has been in the city several times. Not sure on the meetup but might be fun.

Community Manager

Cool!  How long will you be in for? 

Definitely check out the various hop on hop off tours because it'll take you to all of those touristy places at once, and you can spend as much time there as you'd like before hopping on the bus again. They should definitely have tons of flyers at the Marriott Marquis.

I'll be at the hotel on Sunday eve too.  On Monday and will need to work a little to get the Learners' Lounge prepped for Tuesday, but I'll be around if you need tips.

I'll give the Meetup a little more TLC later on this week to see when everyone's going to be arriving. But do let me know if you'd like to get something posted @Bryonmeyer ! 

Student

l be flying back Thursday morning, so have Wednessday night. I would love to try our the Amazon store one time as well. I will make sure to stop by the lounge.

Community Manager

I've posted a Day 1 Meet & Greet in the Meetup here.

If you're out of town, feel free to join the meetup group to get updates and then leave once the meetup is over.

I'll be posting more events soon.  

Lana

Highlighted
Master

Hi Lana,

That is a bad hyperlink. Can you check it?

Thank you!

Marcie

Community Manager

Oof....updated!  Thanks for checking it @marcielaux 

Community Manager

Sharing here first before it gets announced to the Community tomorrow morning:

@robertorubio from Outbound Engine is hosting a Zuora Administrator Meet and Greet on June 4 (Day 1).  Roberto also wants to connect with any Zuora Admins around the Austin, TX area.

RSVP here