Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Tutor

Renewal MRR

I'm trying to obtain the MRR we got from renewals last month but, if I choose the Rate Plan Charge dimensions and I filter with Amendment type is equal to Renewal, there is no result and all our subscriptions are Termed.

I guess this is not related to the new reporting itself but to the data which is made available.

Is there any other way to get the renewal MRR?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: Renewal MRR

Hi Merce - there are two amendment related objects in data sources right now. Amendments link to Rate Plan Charges and reflect the amendment that created a particular charge.

On the other hand, Subscription Version Amendments link to Subscriptions and reflect the amendment that created that version of the subscription.

Since renewals do not create new charges (only extend existing charges), you will only find information about renewals in the Subscription Version Amendment objects. Subscription Version Amendments are, today, not a related object in the Rate Plan Charge data source. We're working to fix that now.

However, in the meantime, I believe you can do what you want with two reports:

* In the first report, pull together all of the information that you need from the Rate Plan Charge data source and also include the Subscription ID

* In the second report, use the Subscription data source, include the Subscription ID and all of the information that you need from the Subscription Version Amendment (Type, Effective Date, etc)

Afterwards you can use the Subscription ID to link the information from the second report to the first report. If you want MRR renewed in X month, you could look for the MRR from the Rate Plan Charges associated with subscriptions where the Subscription Version Amendment Type is renewal and the Subscription Version Amendment Effective Date is in that month.

As I said, with some improvements in data sources, this should be much easier going forward.