Happy Business Starts Here

Savvy Scholar

Quick question - Is there a way to export the summary format version of a report ?

24 REPLIES 24
Valued Scholar

Re: Quick question - Is there a way to export the summary format version of a report ?

Try running the summary report by pressing the drop down menu on the report (detail is default) and pressing "export" 

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

Re: Quick question - Is there a way to export the summary format version of a report ?

Yes, thanks - I am able to view the summary version in Zuora, but would like to send the summary version to the team requesting the report - when I export - I get the csv file, but it is not summarized any longer - just wondering if I missed something on how to export and save as a summary report not detail

Zuora Alumni

Hi Patti - I think what you're describing here is probably the formatting of the summary report.

For example, I created the summary report below from the Invoice Item data source. It sums up invoice amounts by product for each month.

summaryReportExample.jpg

I can export this and get the result below. The result is still summarized. E.g., I'm getting one row for each currency, product, and month and am not seeing the individual invoice items. However, it's formatted in a different way.

summaryReportExportExample.jpg

The reason for that formatting is that the format above is easier to work with in a pivot table in Excel or in another application (e.g., Tableau) for further analysis.

That said, we're thinking about adding an additional export option. Instead of having summary report exports always act like the one above, we're thinking about also adding the option to export a formatted csv file (or perhaps xls) that has the same layout as what you see on the report result page in Zuora. If that would be helpful, let me know.

Savvy Scholar

Hi Chris,

That is exactly what I meant, and I would be so interested in you adding the additional export option, please keep me posted on that.  In the meantime guess I need to work harder on my Pivot table skills - because the summary version is what the team I created the report is looking for. I sent a snap shot and they were extremely happy with that result,

Thanks

Zuora Alumni

Hi Patti - quick follow up question on this one: let's say we create an export format that is still a csv but simply has the same layout as the report results page in Zuora. Would that give you what you need on this? Or, if you had that, would you also want additional formatting (borders, colors, etc).

See example of what that would look like below.

summaryReportFormattedLayout.jpg

Savvy Scholar

Hi Chris

I think just the same layout would be better than what is currently available.   If adding the additional formatting is at all possible sometime down the road, that would definitely be something worth looking forward to.     I shared a screen shot of a summary report I created with a manager in our Finance Department, and he was very impressed.  

Hope that helps

Patti

Zuora Alumni

Got it - thanks, Patti! Appreciate the feedback on this.

Scholar sae
Scholar

I think this would be very helpful, as you can then send the reports to non-Zuora users without having to modify it by creating pivot tables yourself. This would be much appreciated in our organizaton 

Zuora Alumni

Thanks, Sofie! Quick follow up question for you (and for Patti as well). If we made it easy to link to the report results page in Zuora, could you share that instead of the attachment?

This would involve the user logging into Zuora, so, if that this needs to go to non-Zuora users, I have a follow up question. What would make it comfortable for you to add more users to Zuora? E.g., what if you could create a user profile that could only access reporting and nothing else within the application? Would that help? Is there anything else that would make that feasible and appealing?