Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Scholar

Invoice Item Adjustment's Transaction Impact

Hello,

When I run an IIA report, there is no field to display the amount impact on the invoice. For e.g. If i have a credit invoice for -6000$ and we had created an IIA to adjust it, then adjustment impact is +6000$. If the invoice was for +6000$, then the adjustment amount impact should be -6000$. The amounts in the IIA report I created are always shown as a positive amount.

We are trying to create a report (for our bank audit) which shows all the impact to out A/R accounting code. So I plan on running an Invoice item report, payment report and an IIA report, then merge them, but the IIA report is not showing the correct impact to the a/r account.

Thanks,

Anand

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Scholar

Re: Invoice Item Adjustment's Transaction Impact

Hello Team,

Is ther anyway to do this? Without manually creating reports of each transaction type and merging them, even this is not a good solution as the reports dont show the transaction impact, as explained in the Invoice item adjustment report in my previous post.

We want to see the details (account name, amount, date, amount) of all transactions that hit the accounts receivable accounting code.

Thanks,

Anand

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi Anand - have you tried using the Invoice Item Adjustment: Type field to split out charges and credits?

IIAType.png

Highlighted
Scholar

Thanks Chris.

Below method did work. But there was still a lot of manual work to be done as we have bunch of credit and charge IIA's.

Requirment: Provide a list of invoices with the product details (amount charged per product)

Here are the steps I followed.

1. Run an Invoice item report.

2. Run an invoice item adjustment report with  Adjustment: Type field

3. Then manually match (can be done quickly in excel) each adjustment to the invoice using invoice number and manually take care of the credits and charges from the IIA.

Please let me know if there is quicker way of getting an invoice report by item.

Thanks,

Anand 

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi Anand - would it be helpful if we created a data source that was a union of both Invoice Items and Invoice Item Adjustments (as well as other AR-related transactions)? Imagine we also created a common field like 'Change in Account Balance' that was positive or negative depending on the effect of the transaction.

Highlighted
Scholar

Hi Chris,

Creating a union data set would be greatly helpful. Also the 'Change in Account Balance' field.

Thanks,

Anand

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Thanks, Anand - that's helpful. We'll be working on this, and will circle back here as we get into LA launch.

Highlighted
Guru

@chris wanted to follow up to see if there had been any progress here. These types of reports keep coming up and its still a very manual process for our team to assemble them from the raw data.

Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Hi all - this is in development, and I'll circle back here as soon as we have it out in limited availability.