Happy Business Starts Here

Include Discount charge on CMRR computation

Business needs:  Customer Z  thinks we have a design gap for excluding discount on CMRR computation which is an issue for them. They used to issue discounts as negative valued Products in the past and they had no problems with CMRR because the discounts was another "Product" with negative $. So when we rolled out discounts as part of the Product, it looked much cleaner and they switched. However, they now discovered this problem and they use the CMRR for a lot of reporting downstream.

Reference Number:  DE9669

Proposed solution: include Discount charge on CMRR computation

26 Comments
Zuora Alumni

@justdonlon - discounted contract value metrics are available as part of our Subscription Order Management capabilities and the new TCB (total contracted billing) data source.

https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CD_Reporting/D_Data_Sources_and_Exports/C_Data_Source_Reference/Or...

Without enabling Subscription Order Management, you can also get the discount impact on TCV by enabling the Discount Applied Metrics data source. You can request this via support if it is not already enabled in your tenant.

Let me know if that helps?

Senior Tutor

Can we please get an update as to when this will be live?

Savvy Scholar

@chris is there any workaround for this?

Tutor

seems not coming that quickly Smiley Indifferent

this is a real mess to get the correct MRR for a customer out of Zuora

Zuora Product Team

Hi @MK_STP and all,

We do have a few exciting updates on the product front in this area.

We are actively developing a major new product capability that will make it significantly easier for you to report and analyze your Zuora MRR data net of discounts. The new functionality enhances the Discount Applied Metrics (https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/Zuora_Central/Reporting_and_Analytics/D_Data_Sources_and_Exports/C...) and the Order MRR (https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/Zuora_Central/Subscriptions/Orders/AA_Overview_of_Orders/Key_Metri...) data sources (which are two existing data sources that do provide data discount MRR data -- if you are curious about those, we have Zuora Subject Matter experts who can help answer questions about how they work and if they are suitable for your Zuora tenant configuration). A key benefit of our new capability, which we are going to call Zuora Analytics, is that it will provide the added benefit of MRR ease of use -- especially for business users (who may not want to learn about the details of how the Zuora object model works in the context of MRR reporting). Analytics will introduce enhanced ways to analyze your MRR trends based on what I've heard from conversations with our customers, such as using a visual dashboard to quickly see trends in the business with the ability to slice / dice MRR (gross or net of discounts) along a variety of key dimensions including business impact in a particular period (new, expansion, contraction, and churn MRR), product, region, and the numerous other dimensions of data we store in Zuora.

I am looking to recruit a handful of customers to get early access to test out this new functionality in your tenant. That testing would likely start in a few months from now. If you are interested in getting access, please let me know -- I'd love to meet you.

Thanks!

Kevin

Kevin Suer

Product Management, Zuora Reporting & Analytics

Scholar

Hi @kevinsuer , is Zuora Analytics going to be a paid add-on, or part of the core subscription?

Pete