Happy Business Starts Here

Savvy Scholar

UI Enhancement – Number Formatting & Alignment in Order Preview

As an individual entering Orders in Zuora I would like the number formatting and alignment on the preview screen to be modified so that I can quickly validate that all figures have been entered correctly prior to activating the Order.

1. use comma thousands separator for all numbers (unit price, qty, subtotal column, subtotal row, discount, tax, & total)
  2. always display two decimals for monetary figures (unit price, subtotal column, subtotal row, discount, tax, & total)
  3. align qty and subtotal columns to the right
  4. align totals section to the right

Order Preview.png

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

Re: UI Enhancement – Number Formatting & Alignment in Order Preview

Actually looks like it was a fluke that the unit prices aligned in my first screenshot. 

unit Price.png

Would love it if these aligned on the decimal point as I thought they were originally.

Zuora Alumni

That's interesting re alignment as a way to see large numbers, Ill get our UX to comment on this as it's also a styling question.  But regarding entering commas, I don't think this is something we do anywhere else in the Zuora UI right?  So it would be an enhancement that's being asked for? Just in the context of existing behavior today.

Savvy Scholar

Monetary figures are displayed with comma thousands separators and two decimals everywhere else in Zuora. Also aligned to the right everywhere except maybe Key Metrics on the Billing Account.

account – search.png

invoice.png

account – key metrics.png

account – orders, xactions.png