Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Guru

Adding features to a product in Orders

In the limitations for orders the following is stated:

Features are copied from your product catalog to subscriptions, but you cannot override features.

We do not tie our features to a specific product so I read this to mean that we will not be able to send a feature list with our products if we convert to Orders.  Is adding features to Orders in the roadmap for Zuora Central and Zuora CPQ?

Maggie Longshore
3 REPLIES 3
Zuora Alumni

Re: Adding features to a product in Orders

Hey Maggie,

To be clear, if you add a PRoduct with Features, then youll see that on the Subscription. 

What is not supported is CHANGING those Features, or overriding them when you create the Subscription, at the time of creating the Orders.

Say you have a Product with Feature 1, 2, 3.

You could then add that product to a Subscription, but youll never see Feature 1, 2, 3, on the Order.  If you went to the Subscription however, you should see the Features on that Subscription, Feature 1, 2, 3.

Highlighted
Guru

Ok that will not work for us.  Is there any plans to support features in the orders model in the future?

We do not associate our features with a product.  We add them after product selection on a separate wizard screen.

Maggie Longshore
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Yes definitely a gap we want to close in the short to medium term, I dont have a date yet but when I do will be sharing.