Happy Business Starts Here

Savvy Scholar

Zuora Rules Engine via the Zuora API?

I would like to have access to the Zuora Rules Engine via the Zuora API in order to be able to retrieve product rules along with product definitions. But I read that the Zuora Rules Engine is only available for Zuora for Salesforce (it comes as a part of the Zuora Quotes package that again only is available for Zuora for Salesforce).

My organisation does not use Salesforce and is not likely to do so. But I read that it's possible to export/import Zuora rules. Would it be possible for me to go for the simplest possible Zuora for Salesforce solution - just in order to use the rules engine - and then export the rules in order to:

- either provide them to webshops in my organisation that may read product definitions directly from Zuora and then combine it with the product rules in the rules export (whatever format it may be on?

- or, more likely, create an API that works as an abstraction to Zuora, so that all the webshops, in-app stores and internal administration systems (acts like webshops as well) in my organisation may access Zuora indirectly via the API, and then do the combination of data in the API. The idea is that if e.g. a webshop fetches data for a range of products via the API, it should then receive both product data + inter product rules (when to display, how to calculate proces etc.) in the response.

Kind regards

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Zuora Staff

Re: Zuora Rules Engine via the Zuora API?

Its not, the rules built into Z-Quotes needs Salesforce to run. For customers that don't have Salesforce but still need rules bundling and add on capability we built this Connect app: 

https://www.zuora.com/connect/app/?appId=188

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

Sounds like exactly what I'm looking for. But the description on the page the link provided leads to is pretty scarse.

How and where do I define rules/relations? How do I access them?

Zuora Staff

I just sent you a private message with my e-mail address. We can schedule a call to review.