Happy Business Starts Here

Re: Making Custom Objects and Records visible on other Zuora Objects

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

Making Custom Objects and Records visible on other Zuora Objects

Hi

Not sure if this should be added here or under Ideas but I was wondering about the plans for making custom objects and records visible on other Zuora objects in the Zuora UI?

Example use case:

• Business Unit A produces order documents for each order a customer signs (not referring to Zuora orders but orders as a standard term).
  • These order documents can be can be of type standard new orders or change requests to already existing orders. A customer can therefor have multiple order documents
  • These documents are stored in a separate system.
  • When looking up the customers in Zuora, the Business Unit wants to be able to find all links to the order documents registered on this customer. So each order document the customer has signed, the BU wants to have an accessible URL for these specific documents. (A "dead" text field is ok. Link can be copied into browser).

I wanted to create a custom object "Order Document Link Repository" using Workflows to create these custom object records.

Custom object fields with example:

• CustomerAccount__c: A000000001
  • OrderDocumentNumber__c: 12345667
  • OrderDocumentType__c: Standard Order or Change Request
  • OrderDocumentLink__c: URL

When looking up the customer in Zuora, I wanted to know if these records was possible to show on the Customer Account page?

Example, as a collapsible area like Billing and Payments info and Electronic Payment Methods:

image_ca.png

As a back office rep I will see the link to each document stored on this customer (see column on the right)

Is something like this on the roadmap?

Thank you for feedback 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Zuora Product Team

Hi Karina, 

Thanks for sharing your use case! This forum is a great the place for us to discuss these kind of ideas. If any other customer has similar ideas, please feel free to give this thread a thumbs up so I can gauge the level of interest. 

Good news is that we have thought about this type of use case, and we do plan on introducing configurability to some Zuora pages so that you can add/remove Custom Objects as well as rearrange aspects of the page to better suit your needs. This feature is currently in the planning phase and I should have more updates on scope and timelines in the coming weeks. 

A couple follow up questions for you:

1. Would you want this experience to be applied globally - ie. should all users in your tenant be able to see the Custom Object on the Account page? Or would you need more granular control over which users can see the data? 

2. Would you be open to being a Beta customer of this feature so we can get your early feedback? 

Thanks,

Apurva

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Zuora Product Team

Hi Karina, 

Thanks for sharing your use case! This forum is a great the place for us to discuss these kind of ideas. If any other customer has similar ideas, please feel free to give this thread a thumbs up so I can gauge the level of interest. 

Good news is that we have thought about this type of use case, and we do plan on introducing configurability to some Zuora pages so that you can add/remove Custom Objects as well as rearrange aspects of the page to better suit your needs. This feature is currently in the planning phase and I should have more updates on scope and timelines in the coming weeks. 

A couple follow up questions for you:

1. Would you want this experience to be applied globally - ie. should all users in your tenant be able to see the Custom Object on the Account page? Or would you need more granular control over which users can see the data? 

2. Would you be open to being a Beta customer of this feature so we can get your early feedback? 

Thanks,

Apurva

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Savvy Scholar

Good news 🙂

1. Visible for all users in the tenant. 

2. Sure 🙂 Feel free to get in contact at any time. 

Karina