Happy Business Starts Here

Community Manager

About the Community Guru Program

When you joined the Community, you started out as a “newly enrolled” Community member. Then, as you participate more in Community discussions, you rise up in the ranks - from Student to Tutor to Scholar and so forth until you reach the highest rank, Regent.

But, did you know that there’s a role that is highly coveted and can only be awarded by the Zuora Community team? That role is reserved for our superusers who we’ve affectionately called “gurus”.

You might be a guru if you

• Enjoy posting and engaging others in conversation
  • Are comfortable “talking tech” and writing about it
  • Have a desire to help others

We don’t expect our gurus to have all of the answers, all of the time. In fact, we want our gurus to be inquisitive and be determined find and understand the solution so that they can share that knowledge with the rest of the Community.

Why Become a Guru?

Being a Community Guru is all about helping others get the most out of Zuora. But there are many other reasons why you might want to be a guru:

• Grow in your expertise
  • Highlight your Community contributions in your resume and LinkedIn profile
  • Develop career-advancing skills
  • Connect with your peers (and other Gurus) around the world
  • Be added to the Community Guru Hall of Fame
  • Participate in Guru-only discussions and live chats (sometimes with special guests!)
  • Influential input and insider information on upcoming Community programs such as SME sessions and Product Expert Days

I’m Sold! How Do I Get Started?

Simply login with your registered account and start participating in forums and discussions in a way that you find most comfortable. Engage in the forums and answer questions as best as you can.

How Do I Become a Guru?

Contributing to posts will earn you points to move up the ranks. While the guru rank isn’t achievable by points, we’ll take note of your activity, the quality of your responses, and extend an invitation - you can also nominate yourself!

Rise up the ranks by doing the following:

• Posting in forums, groups and ideas
  • Replying to other people’s posts
  • Having your reply marked as an accepted solution
  • Receiving kudos

Guru Tip: Subscribe to our S.O.S. Community posts which spotlights posts that need some TLC.

How Do I Maintain My Guru Status?

Gurus need to remain active in the Community to keep their guru title. Our current Gurus tell us that it takes around 30 minutes a week to remain active. How much time you’d like to dedicate to the Community is completely up to you. The Community team will re-evaluate everyone’s status every 6 months (January and July).

This Isn’t for Me...How Else Can I Help?

We know that being a guru isn’t for everyone - it takes a commitment of time and energy plus a passion for problem solving. If this program doesn’t fit you, that’s ok! We’d still love it if you would join our Community Advocates group where you can provide feedback and help us make the Community better.

Learn more:

Lana Lee | Senior Community Manager and Strategist
"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Tags (3)
9 REPLIES 9
Guru

Re: About the Community Guru Program

@Lana, I'll start pursuing the boards to look for topics I can help with.  I wonder how fast I can make it to Guru status!?!

My fellow team member, @MaggieL, is well ahead of me, so hopefully I can catch up.

Guru

@ehavens @MaggieL looking forward to having some fellow Gurus! 

Community Manager

I'll announce the first class of Gurus shortly when I hear back from everyone!

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Guru

I had wondered for some time why you had guru yet it wasn't on the list - now your secret is out @feisley

Maggie Longshore
Community Manager

@MaggieL - you've got your Guru title now!

Guru

Thanks!

Maggie Longshore
Guru

Congrats @MaggieL!!

Highlighted
Master

Hi all who came to read this article,

Perhaps you might think that "Who has Guru rank, how many people?"
There is a way to verify it:

1. Go to the top page of Community
  2. Select "USERS" from the pull-down menu on the left of the search field
  3. Enter "Guru" in the search field and search.

search_by_rank.jpg

You will get a list of users with Guru rank.

Of course you can also search for users with a rank other than Guru.
This is the function described in "Help" on the upper right:
https://community.zuora.com/t5/help/faqpage/faq-category-id/search#search
> You can search for community members by name or by rank.

Community Manager

Oh wow...even I didn't know this, haha!  Thanks for that tip @yamasaki1ma.  It'll make it easier for me to check up on all of you 8-)