Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Zuora Support

Why does look like INV-2a92c0886bf41bbc016bf46d821c0063 instead of INV00000011?

Question:
When working with the Third party Tax App, we see that the variable ports into the template like INV-2a92c0886bf41bbc016bf46d821c0063 instead of INV00000011. Why are we seeing a different kind of Invoice number with the Invoice's Id? Is there a way to change this so that we can see the actual Invoice Number from Zuora, like INV00000011.

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Zuora Support

Re: Why does look like INV-2a92c0886bf41bbc016bf46d821c0063 instead of INV00000011?

Answer:

This is the expected behavior if the customer has T9 feature (Sequential document number) enabled in their tenant. This feature is used to have NO gap in the sequence number of document. If this feature is enabled, Zuora would assign real invoice number to the invoice after all the associated operations are completed successfully like getting the tax information from the tax engine. For the calculation of the tax from Tax engine, Zuora sends <doc default prefix>- <doc id> (Invoice_id) i.e INV-2a92c0886bf41bbc016bf46d821c0063 instead of Invoice number temporarily. So, till the time the tax information is NOT returned successfully and the Invoice is NOT Posted, Zuora will not assigned a real Invoice number to the Invoice. 

For more details you can also refer the KC, which explains the Sequential Billing Document Number feature, when doing the reconciliation between Zuora and Avalara, you have to use InvoiceIDCreditMemoID, or DebitMemoID to map Document.DocCode on the Avalara side. You can either add the INV- , CM-, or DM- prefix to the corresponding billing document ID, or remove INV- from Document.DocCode

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √