Happy Business Starts Here

Zuora Alumni

We need to update some of our current tax rates. Do you have a process for this?

Question:  We need to update some of our current tax rates. Do you have a process for this?

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Zuora Alumni

Re: We need to update some of our current tax rates. Do you have a process for this?

Response:  Yes, we do have a process for updating your Tax codes.  Please follow the step by step instructions shown below:

Note:  We highly recommend testing this in your sandbox before updating in your production environment so you are aware of how the invoices will look when you do update in production.

Step 1 - Click into Billing Settings, click Setup Taxation Codes

Step 2 - In the Manage Tax Codes section, select the tax code that you need to update, and in the Action column and click Edit. This will bring up the Basic Information page.  

Update Taxes Step 2.png

Step 3 - From the Basic Information page, click on the more button on the top right and in the dropdown list, select edit periods. This will display the Edit Periods box (shown below). Here you will need to enter the period ending date for the old tax rate in the To date section and save. 

Update Taxes Step 3.png

Step 4 - In the Zuora Tax Engine: Tax Rates section, you want to export the current tax rates in Z-tax. Please review to ensure that the prior tax dates are correct (this is the Effective Period at the bottom left of the screenshot). Then to the right side of the screen, click on the Export button. This will open a CSV file.

Update Taxes Step 4.png

Step 5 - With the CSV file open, enter the new tax rates for each location and save as a CSV file.

Step 6 - In the Zuora Tax Engine: Tax Rates section, to the right click on New Period, the box will open for you to enter the new Effective Start Date.  Enter the start date for the new rate. Leave the Effective End Date as No end Date.  In the Import your Tax Rates SV file: Choose File, select the updated CSV file with the new rates and click upload and save.  The new tax rate will take effect on the new date.

Update Taxes Step 6.png

I hope that you found this article helpful. 

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √