Happy Business Starts Here

Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

Understanding Payment Run Summary Information

Question or Problem Statement:
In a completed Payment Run, there are a few items, for example below.
Number of Invoices = 238
Number of Payments = 149
Number of Unprocessed = 89
Number of Errors = 81

From my understanding, the formula is: Number of Invoices = Number of Payments + Number of Errors. In this case, it is Number of Payments(149) + Number of Errors(81) = 230. However, the question is where those 8 records are? Why are they missing in the Payment Run Summary? Or let' say Number of Unprocessed(89) - Number of Errors(81) = 8, where are those 8 missing records?

1.png

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

Re: Understanding Payment Run Summary Information

Solution:
Actually, Number of Invoices(238) = Number of Payments(149) + Number of Unprocessed(89)

Number of Unprocessed:
Total Unprocessed is the remaining Invoice Balance of any Invoices that were selected for processing by this Payment Run. It is the Invoice!

Number of Errors:
This is the Payment with status of Error or Processing in this Payment Run.

We can not use Number of Unprocessed - Number of Errors(Invoices - Payments). In this case is 89 - 8 = 8. They are different things, this is not the design. You can also pull out all the payments with Data Source Export. Wherein, we can see that there are 230 payments(81 error + 149 processed). To trouble shooting the payments, we can just focus on the errors.

2.png

Supporting References:
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/K_Payment_Operations/CA_Payment_Runs/A_Introduction_to_...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Support SME
Support SME

Re: Understanding Payment Run Summary Information

Solution:
Actually, Number of Invoices(238) = Number of Payments(149) + Number of Unprocessed(89)

Number of Unprocessed:
Total Unprocessed is the remaining Invoice Balance of any Invoices that were selected for processing by this Payment Run. It is the Invoice!

Number of Errors:
This is the Payment with status of Error or Processing in this Payment Run.

We can not use Number of Unprocessed - Number of Errors(Invoices - Payments). In this case is 89 - 8 = 8. They are different things, this is not the design. You can also pull out all the payments with Data Source Export. Wherein, we can see that there are 230 payments(81 error + 149 processed). To trouble shooting the payments, we can just focus on the errors.

2.png

Supporting References:
https://knowledgecenter.zuora.com/CB_Billing/K_Payment_Operations/CA_Payment_Runs/A_Introduction_to_...

View solution in original post