Happy Business Starts Here

Tax Rate in Invoice Template

Rajkumar
Zuora Support

Tax Rate in Invoice Template

Question:

Unable to populate Tax Rate for foreign currencies for Invoice Items.

Is there a field that can be used to show the associated tax rate for each line item
Or a calculation that does not generate an error?

Solution:

As per Zuora application logic, Zuora template displays the currency symbol based on the Locale in the Communication profile. Eg. If the customer account's Currency and locale is United States, Currency will be $; If the customer account's Currency is CAD and locale is United States, currency will be displayed as CAD. If locale is set to English(Canada), CAD will be displayed as Canadian Dollar symbol. This applies for other Country currency as well. If Locale is English - (United Kingdom), EURO will be displayed as €.  

In this case, since the NON-USD accounts is in TEXT format and When trying to do some manipulation like multiplying, the WORD file is considering it as multiply TEXT with Numeric value. Thus it throws the error, which is expected.

This can be addressed by 2 ways:
1. Change the Customer Account's Locale to the Country as per requirement. If Customer Account's Currency is CAD, change the profile to Communication profile's Locale to English(Canada).
2. If by chance, Communication profile wanted to be in English(United States) for some reasons, but still you want to display the CAD account in the template, we need to first convert the currency into Numerical values and then multiply the value as desired. Below is the format:

Tax rate.png

Sample Template Attached here

If you found my answer helpful, please give me a kudo ↑
Help others find answers faster by accepting my post as a solution √